Texas Avid Outdoors 5th Annual Fall Outdoor Expo October 12th - 14th

• HTML tutorial

texasavidoutdoors

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, Texas
Member #

2018 Dates are October 12th - 14th! Registration is live at www.texasavidoutdoors.com #LiveLifeOutside #cometotexas

Hello everyone! My name is Frank Albarado with Texas Avid Outdoors and I am a proud new Overland Bound member! I wanted to let everyone know about our 4th Annual Fall Outdoor Expo being held October 13th through the 15th at the Oxford Ranch Campgrounds in Llano Texas. While this is our fourth event, this is our first event that focuses solely on the overland lifestyle here in Texas. We are proud to say that we are Texas's first overland event! We come from a very grass roots place and our goals are pretty simple. The overland community is growing in leaps and bounds here in Texas and the surrounding areas. Additionally there are some great vendors here that cater to the overland/adventure community. Our goal is to get these two groups together! Pretty simple! For the second year in a row we have partnered with the good folks at Texas Overland to make that happen. So what can you expect from this event? Hopefully fun, education, the ability to meet like minded folks and meet some pretty amazing vendors. We also wanted this event to be affordable. To get in and stay the night is only $* a day/night. There is plenty of room for camping without the need to reserve a campsite.
We are working on solidifying the line up regarding vendors and activities but we have already confirmed a first aid segment for Friday afternoon, a comprehensive recovery lesson on Saturday, a photography class on Saturday, a pinewood derby (this should be really fun and all are welcome to enter!), a dutch oven cooking contest/pot luck and a late Saturday gear swap/yard sale. We are currently working on an adventure bike classes that will be a prepaid sign up class(s) with the great Bill Dragoo! We are also looking at adding more educational events as well. As vendors are added and confirm, I will begin to release them. If there are any vendors that you know might be interested or if you are interested in being a vendor or presenter, please let me know.
We are very excited to announce that OutdoorX4 magazine will be attendance and will be covering the event as well! As mentioned before we are a small grass roots group so please help us spread the word! I look forward to your questions and look forward to seeing you there! #LiveLifeOutside

Last edited:

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Their will be a group driving up from Austin. Looking forward to the event. Just some logistical questions: I was not able to find on the website. What is the process to get camping arrangements/reservations? What are the charges for the event?

Reactions: riz_atx

texasavidoutdoors

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, Texas
Member #

Their will be a group driving up from Austin. Looking forward to the event. Just some logistical questions: I was not able to find on the website. What is the process to get camping arrangements/reservations? What are the charges for the event?
Thanks for the questions and for the welcome Jeff! I would love to answer your questions! There is no reservation system in place with the new venue. Essentially, come out, pay at the gate and you are in! It is $8 a day whether you stay overnight or leave that day. There is plenty of room for setting up and camping! It is feasible to have an area dedicated to OB members if you stake it out early enough and don't mind walking a bit. Thats the beauty of this place; there are so many hidden areas, alcoves, places to set up!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Thanks for the questions and for the welcome Jeff! I would love to answer your questions! There is no reservation system in place with the new venue. Essentially, come out, pay at the gate and you are in! It is $8 a day whether you stay overnight or leave that day. There is plenty of room for setting up and camping! It is feasible to have an area dedicated to OB members if you stake it out early enough and don't mind walking a bit. Thats the beauty of this place; there are so many hidden areas, alcoves, places to set up!
Thanks, that's just what I needed to know. Really happy that you have joined OB. A natural synergies between the OB community and TAO...

riz_atx

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Austin, TX
Member #

Sub'd! This looks like fun and a nice way to connect with others and gain some more knowledge. Im in! I looked for a web site link but only found stuff from the expo last year. Is there a site yet for this event? Id love to share with the local Toyota community many of whom are already OB members, others who would enjoy this type of event.

texasavidoutdoors

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, Texas
Member #

I wanted to give you folks to updated information for you about this event! Here are a few links to get you started!
http://www.texasavidoutdoors.com/
https://www.facebook.com/falloutdoorexpo/
So we are a about a month out and working like crazy to continue to bring in new vendors and plan some more exciting things for folks to do. Check out the links for current vendors and activities as well. Our goal to create a successful first overland event to keep building on. I feel like we are going to get some good coverage as we already have OutdoorX4 magazine going to be present and it looks like we are going to have Overland Journal there as well. Right now we are like the little engine that could. We are pushing, scraping, and pulling our way to build something new and we need all the help we can get. Please tell others, spread the word, invite friends. The more successful the event, the easier it is to make next years event bigger and better.

texasavidoutdoors

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, Texas
Member #

I can official announce that Overland Journal will be in attendance and we are working on prizes from YETI coolers and Mountain Khakis. Out dutch oven cooking contest first prize is a new dutch oven donated by Lodge and the second and third place prizes are cutting boards donated by a local custom shop. We have added a camp coffee contest as well as a RC crawler demo, climbing wall, and a guided trail run. All of these things are designed to keep folks busy and wanting to stick around. We of course will have the first aid, recovery, and photography classes and will be adding others as we can. I would love to see you folks come on out!

Woodchuck

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Goldsby, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Cohn
Member #

Damn...An hour on the forum and it's already costing me money :-) Not the event but the fact that it occurs on the same weekend as OU-TEXAS. I've been contemplating dropping cable and getting satellite and this may have just sped up the decision process so I can get the mobile dish and bring it out there to watch the game.

I have a buddy coming in to town that weekend and we will at the very least come out for the day at some point that weekend.

What a great group to be involved with...loving OVERLAND BOUND!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

JoshD

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New Braunfels, TX
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AF5RY
I really want to go to this. My children will dictate if I will be able to go or not.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I'll be leaving Arlington roughly 7:30 - 8am in order to meet Jeremy Keenan from Keenan Offroad Fabrication in Glen Rose Square at 9am. From there we are going to work our way to the campgrounds.
If anyone wants to join us, meet us there or let me know if you'll be somewhere along the way. (You can also find me on FB as TXpedition)

On another note, if anyone enjoys a good cigar and adult beverages, come find my campsite and we can sit around the campfire smoking and BS'sing around 7pm-ish on Friday night.

Traveler I

Mckinney, Tx
Member #

I'll be leaving Arlington roughly 7:30 - 8am in order to meet Jeremy Keenan from Keenan Offroad Fabrication in Glen Rose Square at 9am. From there we are going to work our way to the campgrounds.
If anyone wants to join us, meet us there or let me know if you'll be somewhere along the way. (You can also find me on FB as TXpedition)

On another note, if anyone enjoys a good cigar and adult beverages, come find my campsite and we can sit around the campfire smoking and BS'sing around 7pm-ish on Friday night.
Cigars and BS'ing? I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: TXpedition

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Folks, keep an eye out for this one next year.....This was an excellent weekend had by all! The vendors were top notch and the people that made it out were fabulous! This got a reminder set already for next year, I cant wait!!

Thank you @texasavidoutdoors, WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!