Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Did anyone else watch the Tesla Cybertruck reveal this evening, thoughts?

IMG_5195.JPG

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

I have to admit, the design is a bit shocking.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
looks like a RTT would just side right off of it....:expressionless:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Watched it and I am still very skeptical about electric off road vehicles mostly due to the charging. The one thing I would find very appropriate to off roading would be the independent motors on all four wheels. The ability to deliver torque as needed would be awesome.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I have to admit, the design is a bit shocking.
It is the next evolution of the Pontiac Aztec.

I swear the world owes Pontiac a huge apology. Everyone made fun of how the Aztec looked, and since then the automakers have been copying it and people have been buying them up. The first time I pointed out an Aztec to The Varmints they said they thought it was just a large Prius.

Reactions: grubworm

HansB

Rank 0

Contributor I

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Buchheim
I put a deposit on the tri-motor 500+ mile version. I think you need to spend the 20k more expensive dual battery setup for the kind of trips I'm planning. I'm eagerly wanting to know the following:
  • How you can attach a winch
  • Can you mount sliders, or does it already have some sort of built in sacrificial metal rails that can be replaced, to prevent damage to the unibody construction
  • Will the 6-7k actual vehicle weight be a serious problem in soft terrain
And since some of you might be wondering what kind of person might be buying this, I'm a software engineer who loves technology, been mostly backpacking and car camping most my life with an aging stock 2004 4Runner, which I have loving tortured for 240k miles with no major issues.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I put a deposit on the tri-motor 500+ mile version. I think you need to spend the 20k more expensive dual battery setup for the kind of trips I'm planning. I'm eagerly wanting to know the following:
  • How you can attach a winch
  • Can you mount sliders, or does it already have some sort of built in sacrificial metal rails that can be replaced, to prevent damage to the unibody construction
  • Will the 6-7k actual vehicle weight be a serious problem in soft terrain
And since some of you might be wondering what kind of person might be buying this, I'm a software engineer who loves technology, been mostly backpacking and car camping most my life with an aging stock 2004 4Runner, which I have loving tortured for 240k miles with no major issues.
Never hurts to put the deposit. Fully refundable and only $100. Worth it as new specs come out

Lou Skannon

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Skannon
Watched it and I am still very skeptical about electric off road vehicles mostly due to the charging. The one thing I would find very appropriate to off roading would be the independent motors on all four wheels. The ability to deliver torque as needed would be awesome.
Tesla owe a big Thank-You to Le Tourneau. The Overland Train has electric motors in every wheel; even back in the 60's.yu1.JPG

Reactions: Kent R

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I was expecting Marty McFly or Doc to jump out of the drivers seat.

If it has long travel suspension and can fit 35s then I'm in. lol