Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

I don't have any direct experience with the TF sliders. Mine are from Rovertym, well that's the name when I bought them. They are RTE now. Anyways, they look similar to the TF version as they are sill mounted. If you come down pretty hard on them, there's a good chance the sill will start to flex. Possibly to the point where the door bottom rubs and won't fully open. Just carry a BFH to bash them back down.

I don't know what the specs are for TF, but you want steel that is 3/16" thick. Looks like it should use the existing holes when you remove the plastic rocker piece. The D2 has a slightly angled rocker near the rear door. The TF sliders look straight so there might be a small gap, but hopefully they took that into account for the design and fit well.

When I had the 33s put on there was some good rubbing on the front of the slider when turning. I chopped about an inch off the slider and had a cap welded on the end and its been fine ever since.

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

When Tata bought LR all those years ago, the lawyers went on a bender notifying every club, indy shop, or parts place that had Land Rover or a green oval in their name/logo that they were infringing on their IP. Clubs just had to sign an agreement with JLRNA to keep the name. Company's had to change the name. RoverDude (John Gadd) became RovahDude for example.

This is the why Rovertym became RTE, which stands Rovertym Engineering. They go by RTE Fab these days as the company has changed hands a few times. The plans and jigs for their gear stayed with the company over the years. Even the website is using some of the same pics from 10 years ago.

I don't remember what I paid for them now, but here's a link to their page for sliders.

http://www.rte-fab.com/products?page=shop.browse&category_id=46&TreeId=11