Tepui luxury mattress issue

• HTML tutorial

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I’ve been a long time customer of Tepui having purchased two roof top tents. When they offered a “luxury” mattress upgrade, I ordered one for my Kukenam XL in the fall of 2017. The mattress certainly was an improvement over the standard mattress and well worth the investment and saw about 20 nights of use over the past year.

In December of 2018 we moved from Vegas to NW Arkansas. Because of the holidays it took almost 4 weeks for our household goods to arrive. Since I towed my off-road trailer with us when we moved, I pulled the RTT mattress out of the tent and used it on the floor as a temporary bed. While not as comfortable as my regular bed, it was a big improvement over the floor and even the camping cots I brought.

When our household goods finally arrived earlier this week I pulled the bedding off the RTT mattress and found the seam in the middle of the mattress was pulling apart in several locations.

2A6D14DC-42ED-4326-815A-D93B355D00A2.jpeg

29BCC193-E035-485C-BB63-42C6B715EEC4.jpeg

I sent an email off to Tepui that afternoon inquiring about getting the cover replaced. I got a reply the next day and informed Tepui did not have any covers available and was offered two options. One, take the cover to a local seamstress for repair and Tepui would reimburse me. Second, Tepui would send a replacement luxury mattress, but were currently out of stock with a replacement available within a week or two.

I decided to go with option two. And because I will have a brand new mattress, anyone in the area of NWA is more than welcome to come get the old mattress (72”x96”) as a replacement for their RTT mattress. The only payment I ask is a six pack of beer that we can split when you come to pick it up.

Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
I just bought the up graded mattress for my rtt. Is it more comfortable then the regular one? I also got a anti condensation mat.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Glad to see this thread. Our RTT mattress is wearing out. I found the Tepui luxury mattress online and it looks like everyone is happy with theirs. Certainly nice to know they stand behind their products. Thanks.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I am so disappointed that the luxury mattresses are not yet available in Canada!
Don’t be, look at the double size self inflating mattress at Cabelas. It might be a Slumberjack, don’t remember, but I love it and nice to add air and have it more firm or not.much better comfort wise and cheaper price too! Vance.

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Don’t be, look at the double size self inflating mattress at Cabelas. It might be a Slumberjack, don’t remember, but I love it and nice to add air and have it more firm or not.much better comfort wise and cheaper price too! Vance.
I appreciate the suggestion but every air bed/mattress I have had has left me a bit (or a lot) flat by morning. It is also one more thing to do to set up camp. I am trying to make my camp as quick and easy as possible, so will plan quick stop south of the border to pick up a luxury mattress.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I appreciate the suggestion but every air bed/mattress I have had has left me a bit (or a lot) flat by morning. It is also one more thing to do to set up camp. I am trying to make my camp as quick and easy as possible, so will plan quick stop south of the border to pick up a luxury mattress.
Northernlady, This is self inflating. Just roll it out, opens the valve and you are good to go! I have used mine for 8 years, no problems. I had a Thermarest single, same thing only smaller size, for over 30 years! Again never any leaks no problems after many backpacking trips, mountain climbing trips, and camping trips! My kids using it to play on while swimming! You could replace the tent mattress with the double sized self- inflating mattress, it has memory foam inside it, and just leave it in your tent all the time. Add a little extra air or not for your own comfort. Many, many nights sleeping on snow, stayed nice and comfy. Just wanted to let you know about another option that I have used for years and love. My old bones love it! Vance.

Reactions: Northernlady

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Northernlady, This is self inflating. Just roll it out, opens the valve and you are good to go! I have used mine for 8 years, no problems. I had a Thermarest single, same thing only smaller size, for over 30 years! Again never any leaks no problems after many backpacking trips, mountain climbing trips, and camping trips! My kids using it to play on while swimming! You could replace the tent mattress with the double sized self- inflating mattress, it has memory foam inside it, and just leave it in your tent all the time. Add a little extra air or not for your own comfort. Many, many nights sleeping on snow, stayed nice and comfy. Just wanted to let you know about another option that I have used for years and love. My old bones love it! Vance.
I do appreciate that and will give it some consideration!