Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
P
Member #

I currently have the Oztent RV5 with side panels and front panel. It’s a great tent but I think I’m going to go the RTT route. For my family of 5 consisting of me, wife, 3 kids oh and a large dog I am looking at the Autana and Byron. A kid or to will sleep in the awning with the dog. For the most part the size and materials look about the same, but the 23zero seems to edge out the Tepui in a few areas:

1. 3” mattress vs 2.5” mattress
2. Sky view windows on Byron are a nice feature
3. 1” frame vs 3/4” frame
4. 159 lbs with annex vs 180 with annex

Other considerations:

23 zero comes in 100 bucks cheaper but the Tepui can be had at REI where I can get ship to store and possibly use 20% coupon...

Tepui has an anti condensation matt but you need to get the Ruggedized and that is almost $600 more.

Would appreciate any additional insight on both tents for those that have them.

Reactions: sabjku

Myhowdy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Stauffer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DZS
We are running the 23zero Sydney. Got it a month ago and so far it’s been great. Sleeping four of us and an 80+ pound dog in the annex. Tons of room.

Soloshootsfirst

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
P
Member #

Wow - are you running it on the LC 200? What rack do you have and how is your suspension set-up? I am considering the Sydney also, but its almost 45 lbs more than the Byron.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I currently have the Oztent RV5 with side panels and front panel. It’s a great tent but I think I’m going to go the RTT route. For my family of 5 consisting of me, wife, 3 kids oh and a large dog I am looking at the Autana and Byron. A kid or to will sleep in the awning with the dog. For the most part the size and materials look about the same, but the 23zero seems to edge out the Tepui in a few areas:

1. 3” mattress vs 2.5” mattress
2. Sky view windows on Byron are a nice feature
3. 1” frame vs 3/4” frame
4. 159 lbs with annex vs 180 with annex

Other considerations:

23 zero comes in 100 bucks cheaper but the Tepui can be had at REI where I can get ship to store and possibly use 20% coupon...

Tepui has an anti condensation matt but you need to get the Ruggedized and that is almost $600 more.

Would appreciate any additional insight on both tents for those that have them.
I have an Autana 3, and love it. I've owned it for about two years now. I did not do the Ruggedized, but purchased the anti-condensation mat, which is a must where we live! It works very well! The Annex setup is superb as far as giving you additional sleeping space, and for just having privacy to stand up and change clothes. I also set up my Mr. Buddy Heater in the Annex in the Winter, generally for about 30 minutes or so before going to sleep, and it heats up the entire tent enough to get rid of the chill. The Annex is a slight pain to set up for one person, but MUCH easier with two.

FYI, REI has their 20% off coupon's right now, and they do work on Tepui.

**Also...sent you a direct message on your Oz setup:)

Myhowdy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Stauffer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DZS