Launch Member

Member I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Heather
Last Name
McNabb
Member #

I know everyone has their own preferences on rooftop/truck bed tents, but I'm curious what some of you think about them. Which brand is better, in your opinion? I want to get one for my '19 Tacoma. I'm getting a CBI Overland bed rack installed soon, if that plays into the equation.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
If any of them get anywhere near the cost of a Bundutec, get the Bundutec. Hardside, powered up.

Reactions: Soulsearcher

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
If your "testing the waters" a Smittybilt RTT is a good value. They're usually discounted this time of year. Mine's three years old and going strong. Got it for $760ish. Other members have Tepui, CVT, Free Spirit, and 23Zero. All good tents, but you'll pay more. You might want to check out the clam shell designed RTTs. More money but much faster to deploy. Although Free Spirit has a new canvas RTT that deploys just as fast as the clamshell fiberglass/aluminum units. Many of the manufacturers have great holiday deals going on now, and if bought using PayPal, you can get zero percent interest for up to 24 months.

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

If your "testing the waters" a Smittybilt RTT is a good value. They're usually discounted this time of year. Mine's three years old and going strong. Got it for $760ish. Other members have Tepui, CVT, Free Spirit, and 23Zero. All good tents, but you'll pay more. You might want to check out the clam shell designed RTTs. More money but much faster to deploy. Although Free Spirit has a new canvas RTT that deploys just as fast as the clamshell fiberglass/aluminum units. Many of the manufacturers have great holiday deals going on now, and if bought using PayPal, you can get zero percent interest for up to 24 months.
This ^
There are a lot of great brands out there. Lots of expensive ones. Look on Craigslist, lots available in Colorado. Smittybilt is a great intro tent. We started with an FSR tent then recently went with Roam.
A few other good brands that are cheaper and like big names are Torro Offroad | SkyLux RTT | Linktree and Home - Desert Armor