Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Was told the they are at the expo and you can get them cheaper and some sort of special package deal.....Might be what I need to look for.

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Bought one at the expo, been using it at home, took it camping for a week at the north rim of the GC and it is a dream, the wife loves it, cooks great! I love it as less to pack and carry......Worth the money IMO.

Jim

Reactions: Cendee

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Buy once cry once. Not everyone can DIY welding abilities and so on. I have both and they are high quality equipment and worth having.

I find myself using the Adventure Skottle more when I'm traveling by myself but there is nothing easier than making a big breakfast for a crew on the big Skottle.

and cleanup is a breeze.

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
I just bought the adventure skottle. Havent used it yet but love how compact it is. Its usually on me so the small one is perfect. cant wait to use it this weekend hopefully
I had the big Skottle and found that it was too big for me. I ended up selling it. I like the size of the Adventure Skottle since it is small enough for me to leave in my Jeep all the time. I like to pack small and light as possible. If I were cooking for 3-4 people then it would be perfect, but its always just me and my dog. I was wondering if the Adventure Skottle will work for 2 people?

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
The Tembo Tusk Skottle is on my "to buy" list for this year. I have looked at and tried other things the past few years, but nothing seems to break down like the Skottle, which is my prime concern, right now. I was something compact and easy to pack.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I been using my Skottle now for a little over a year and I have to be brutally honest........ITS FREAKING AMAZING! I do understand 100% where everyone would cringe at the initial sticker shock of purchasing a $300 flying saucer with EMT conduit legs and a cheap single burner stove attached with nuts to the flying saucer, but its more than that. Yes at first the initial sticker shock makes you think twice and we all flip the Mcgyver mode switch and hit ever tractor supply place or in todays day ever search query we can find on our phones or computers to see if we can find one for cheap or the supplies to DIY. When I took the plunge I had seen first hand on a trip what she could do and how much gear was left behind since the Skottle self contains into a few pieces of equipment. I was able to leave behind a lot of bulky gear that just weighed down my kitchen setup in the rig. The guys at Tembo Tusk really put a lot of effort and energy into designing a good product and if you ever meet Jerry, They're all overlanders and been camping and exploring for years so its not some douche bag sitting in an office who's never spent a day in the wilderness and doesn't know a thing of what we go through out there or even pre trip prepping. They made it simple for us and yeah unfortunately it comes with a small price tag in my opinion considering some of the fridges alone carry a 2K price tag. Once you actually use one or spend some time with someone who's got one, not just you tube vids of them you actually see this thing is pretty neat and eliminates a lot of additional gear you need for a ton of stuff. I know not everyone can afford the same price tags so it like those who overland in a 2020 Land Rover with cushy butt warmers and those who have older rigs, they both accomplish the same thing. Granted the comfort of having my butt warmed with heated seats in the winter and cooled in Moab during the summer heat but, my non heated works just fine, so If you can afford the comfort and luxury of the Skottle I say its worth every penny. These are just 0.02 cents.

Reactions: mep1811