Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sorrento, Florida, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Shea
Member #

Has anyone done the trans American trail through North Carolina? We are planning on taking our tundra and camper on this long trip from Florida. Planning on being on the trail two days out of the whole trip. Any suggestions for the trip? We will be taking a lot of pictures with our nikons!
IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_5209.jpeg
IMG_1085.JPG

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Hey! Had to look up the TAT. I was at Mt. Mitchell SP yesterday. The fairly small campground was full and for tents only. I saw on ioverland.com that some a stay in some parking areas on the Parkway overnight without hassle. This may not even be a question for you. It is certainly an area worth seeing. I want to go ride the whole BRP. Lots and lots of overlooks with impressive views.

Reactions: DirtyDan

jjgctg

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Harrisburg, PA, USA
First Name
Joaquin
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Service Branch
USMC / First respond
Planning on doing North Carolina in October. Wonder if that will be a good time to try? Good Luck, hope you get all the answers you looking for. New myself at the whole Overlanding. Coming from Miami, Florida.

Reactions: DirtyDan

jjgctg

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Harrisburg, PA, USA
First Name
Joaquin
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Service Branch
USMC / First respond
@Nickzero did it recently and put videos on youtube: Nikko and Lee
Perhaps he will have some insight for you.
Just finished watching Nickko and Lee on YouTube. Looks like they had an amazing time. Can't wait to to get started. Only have time for North Carolina in October. Then the following year looks like we will have time to go further.

Nbharris350

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cary, NC, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Harris
i was planning to do Gorges state park ohv trail and some camping the weekend of the 14th. let me know if you guys come up that weekend maybe we can hitch on for some of the TAT. i would be very interested in doing that.

DirtyDan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sorrento, Florida, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Shea
Member #

i was planning to do Gorges state park ohv trail and some camping the weekend of the 14th. let me know if you guys come up that weekend maybe we can hitch on for some of the TAT. i would be very interested in doing that.
We are planning to leave Jacksonville FL on 9/27/2019. Looks like our times will be slightly off :(