Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I am planning to head out west last wk of June. Should get to CO few days before July I know they have had a crazy snow season in the Ouray area, any members out there that have a idea when the Corkscrew, California, Cinnamon Passes with be open. I have the San Juan NF site with openings an closings, just hoping someone on the ground out there could give me some info Thanks Brian

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
According to reports, Hurricane Pass will most likely be used as a bypass for Alpine Loop. That would tell me that California and Corkscrew will be part of the plan as well. Having said that, even that opening is going to be delayed and might not be ready for your timeframe. It is really more the County that would have an impact on this since this is a tourist income issue and these roads are technically Country Roads.

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
According to reports, Hurricane Pass will most likely be used as a bypass for Alpine Loop. That would tell me that California and Corkscrew will be part of the plan as well. Having said that, even that opening is going to be delayed and might not be ready for your timeframe. It is really more the County that would have an impact on this since this is a tourist income issue and these roads are technically Country Roads.
I know July 4th is a big deal in the area so I was hoping they would try there best to get that area open asap. I am thinking about pushing the trip back a wk guess I will just have to keep a watch out Thanks