Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beyer
Member #

My wife and I are both taller people and we're not having much luck finding a camp table taller than 30 inches. It would be nice to find something with a standard counter top height for food prep and cooking, but it appears that they don't exist. Anyone have a recommendation for a taller camp table?

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
My wife and I are both taller people and we're not having much luck finding a camp table taller than 30 inches. It would be nice to find something with a standard counter top height for food prep and cooking, but it appears that they don't exist. Anyone have a recommendation for a taller camp table?
I’d think it would be pretty easy to use some aluminum tubing to make slip on table leg extensions to lift a standard one 6-8”.

The benefit is the packed size doesn’t get any longer.

Reactions: grubworm

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We were frustrated with expensive camp tables that were not tall enough and never seemed to be stable, found this lifestyle folding table in Home Depot last year. Its 24x48 inches and folds in half to 24x24x3 inches. adjusts to 3 diferent heights (does not quite hit 36" but we find the 34" acceptable, is lightweight and remarkably stable. We use it full height for prep and cooking, and during bad weather lower it and take it into the annex so we can sit at it and play games. Best part is no Overlanding tax at $45.00 Lifetime 4 ft. One Hand Adjustable Height Fold-in-Half Table; Almond 80726

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I’d think it would be pretty easy to use some aluminum tubing to make slip on table leg extensions to lift a standard one 6-8”.

The benefit is the packed size doesn’t get any longer.
yeah, thats a good idea and im sure even pvc pipe from home depot would work. depending on how fancy you want to get, can cut pieces 12" long, add caps to the bottom, drill and put a nut/bolt at 6" for the table leg to bottom out on and that leaves 6" going over the leg for stability and maybe even drill and put a pin for extra security. if the pvc piece is slightly oversize and wobble, wrap duct tape around the lower 6" of the table leg to snug the fit
cheap and easy and works with existing table

Reactions: Sparksalot