Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
...My '95 Cummins is a plastic disaster. The drivetrain is great, but the interior is falling apart. I spent several thousand miles last year with zip ties holding the top of the dash to the bottom of the dash. I bought a new dash top, and in the process of replacing it I had several good sized chunks break out of the bottom half. It is a losing proposition...
My 93 Dodge with a Cummins was terrible also. The fuse box litterally fell out when running down the highway, wich naturally killed power to everything. It was great, one second I was powering along at 70, the next I was wresting thay 6200lbs pig to the shoulder. Great fun.
I also see these issues in the trucks I work on. Before Paccar went full plastic in the 2000s all their dash panels were aluminum. I regularly see trucks from the 80s and 90s with 2million plus miles on em and the dashes are still in decent shape. While the new Paccar stuff is actually pretty high quality its not holding up as well as the older trucks. The absolute worst though is Freightliner. New Frieghtliner dashes at 500,000 look worse than a New Pete or KW at 1million. I really dont mind plastic interior stuff, what I hate is cheap plastic, and yes there is such a thing as good quality plastics.

Jgallo1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

MT/ CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gallo
Member #

Seems like it, but I think I posted in another thread, rangers have been running rampant in austrailia.

So I think, that if you are looking to spend that level of coin for a medium truck, rangers a safe bet for sure.
I have family in South Africa and Ireland.

Both of them say the T6 is a great platform. I have seen this truck working hard in the bush, which is one reason, why I was excited when they came to the states.