Taking a Jeep trip from Michigan to Key West.

• HTML tutorial

Hank_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jackson Michigan
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Heise
Member #

I am going to take my Jeep JK unlimited and make the drive from the cold weather of Michigan to the warm views of Key West in March. Really looking forward to the drive. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I know I will visit the Key Lime Pie Co. I will post some pics as I go along.

Hank

Reactions: stoney126

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Hank_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jackson Michigan
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Heise
Member #

Thanks Steve for the reply. I just read through your thread. I will be staying in Cocoa Beach, also staying away from Orlando. I have never been to Key West and for the most part just want to do the drive. to say I've been there. I'm still not sure what my return route will be yet. A lot of it depends on the mood of my wife and daughter at that time : ).

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

I highly reccommend going thru the Everglades National Park down to Flamingo at the tip of the mainland. its really cool there. Gators, snakes, Panthers, (Mtn. Lions), and lots of indigenous birds etc. live there, and are in their wild environment.
Heres a link: http://www.nps.gov/ever/index.htm
The Keys and Key West are another world. Theres lots of places to eat, camp out, dive, swim, etc... Don't Forget Sloppy Joes bar and Capt. Tonys bar. The nightly sunset celebration they have at Mallory dock square in Key West is great. Stay on the beaten path while there and youll be fine.

Reactions: murps

Hank_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jackson Michigan
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Heise
Member #

I highly reccommend going thru the Everglades National Park down to Flamingo at the tip of the mainland. its really cool there. Gators, snakes, Panthers, (Mtn. Lions), and lots of indigenous birds etc. live there, and are in their wild environment.
Heres a link: http://www.nps.gov/ever/index.htm
The Keys and Key West are another world. Theres lots of places to eat, camp out, dive, swim, etc... Don't Forget Sloppy Joes bar and Capt. Tonys bar. The nightly sunset celebration they have at Mallory dock square in Key West is great. Stay on the beaten path while there and youll be fine.
Thanks for the input Northstar96. I am really looking forward to this trip. I will check into the Everglades National Park.

Hank