dirtnsmores

Rank II

Enthusiast III

southern california
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
I picked mine up for $80 used last week. It's sturdy and strong. Sets up quick. I got the aluminum so it's light. I'll be using this to hold drinks, water, etc. I usually cook and prep food on my tailgate. For camping trips with my pop up trailer this probably won't be used. My trailer has a table attached to the outside for water and miscellaneous items and I have a separate lifetime table for cooking on away from the trailer.

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

Hey @armyRN, what folding table do you use? I'm curious about keeping weight down. I have a table now that is ungodly heavy and looking to shave off POUNDS lol. I originally was looking at the tire tailgater here, and after your experience seem hesitant on one for the time being. Any info would be awesome!
Mine is made by Coleman. Opened the top measures 24" x 36". Folded, it fits nicely inside my trailer.

I tried a quick google search to find one, but came up short. There's a company called "Redcamp" that sells one this size (and a couple other sizes) on Amazon.

There's another one by the name "Rolife" that sells one 24" x 36" on Amazon.

View attachment 217619View attachment 217620View attachment 217621

View attachment 217622
Thank you so much! I'll do some digging tonight. I appreciate the info

Reactions: dirtnsmores

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Looks handy .

Until some fat sits on it, folds it up like a Chinese lawn chair and stabs the wreckage through the sidewall of the tire 300 miles from the nearest tire store and the day after I put my only spare on.

• Haha
Reactions: EBasil

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Reactions: Aumiller_

Aumiller_

Rank I

Contributor III

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Aumiller
Service Branch
Navy
I was looking at the design and the table top is identical to some tree stand floor/ foot platform, just with an adjustable leg added. So I'm on the lookout for a cheap one at a local thrift or marketplace to make one of these at home.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Stumbled across this table that drops in over your tire and thought it was a pretty good piece of kit to have. Did a search here and didn't see it discussed anywhere, so I thought I would ask if anyone had any experience with it. I think it's pretty new to the scene (maybe a year or so). A bit pricey, but you could probably DIY something similar if you were inclined. I've see other ideas made out of wood.

Looks like it would be easy to store on the back of a Jeep spare or under a roof rack, which is what I was thinking of doing.

http://www.tailgatertiretable.com/gallery/index.php
We use ours regularly depending on the trip. A good piece of gear and great people.

View attachment 41239

Reactions: Desert Runner