Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
Stumbled across this table that drops in over your tire and thought it was a pretty good piece of kit to have. Did a search here and didn't see it discussed anywhere, so I thought I would ask if anyone had any experience with it. I think it's pretty new to the scene (maybe a year or so). A bit pricey, but you could probably DIY something similar if you were inclined. I've see other ideas made out of wood.

Looks like it would be easy to store on the back of a Jeep spare or under a roof rack, which is what I was thinking of doing.

http://www.tailgatertiretable.com/gallery/index.php

tiretable.jpeg

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

I don't have one, but I was at an event recently at which another OB member had one. Seemed sturdy enough, and certainly held up just fine for the days activities. I'd like to get one, but as you mentioned, the price is a bit steep.

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

My only concern would be bumping into it when coming around the side of the vehicle.. depending on tire size it could be kind of low for a table. I guess I'd have to see one first. Those pretzels look good though.

Reactions: EBasil

Six Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
Ended up picking one of these up at expo for the show price. I like it. We used it on our road trip after the show and found it really useful.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Scout and RickLB

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
I carry an REI folding table, but certainly would consider this. I generally set up my cooking/prep table near the tire anyway. Interested if maybe a group buy, or "show price" came along. I agree that the price is a bit steep for a table. Anyone have a company contact for potential group buy?

Reactions: Scout

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

I've got one. It's sturdy and useful. My biggest problem is figuring out how to travel with it. I like everything to be secure and tied down in some way for travel and offroading. My best solution is attaching the short stabilization bars and then hanging it from the spare, then ratchet strapping it secure. I've toyed with adding it to the roof platform, but I'm already running a Batwing awning, 100w Renogy panel and RV5 tent (if in transit). I'm driving a JKU with Pioneer Platform.
I'd love to hear how others are traveling with them.

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

I've had one since Overland expo east 2017. Like previous post, got it for show price.

I ratchet strap it in place, sometimes it can get a bit noisy (rattling while wheeling) but it works fine! I have an RTT so set it up on the same side as tent so as to avoid the accidental "walk into it" failure.

I use a folding table for meals and frequently use the tire-table as a "prep" surface. I never seem to have enough "flat spots" to set gear, coolers, etc. down othwr than on my tailgate, on the hood, or on the ground so this product has been well needed and much used.

Contact info:

Ward & Patti Graham
Tailgater Tire Table
www.tabletire.com
Email - info@tailgatertiretable.com
Ph: 775.622.8048

Reactions: Scout

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Better yet,....get the tire step, and engineer a flat surface mount (multi-tool) that bolts onto the step area. You avoid those 2 stabilization feet that are welded in that down position. This would make it easier to pack. a best of 2 worlds addition.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I have a folding ladder platform that's designed to make accessing your roof rack easier. I have a small bamboo table top that I attach to it so I can use it for 2 purposes. They are on sale at Princess Auto occasionally for $38 (CDN).

16-12-21 1.JPG

obvious_disaster

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

St. Petersburg, FL 33710, USA
First Name
Christina
Last Name
Haverfield
Member #

This was on their website, sure does look like a good candidate for an OB member.. somebody should track him down for a review.

View attachment 41421
I recognize this photo. LOL. He’s actually in the fB 4Runner group. And he does really like this table. :) Not sure if he’s an OB member or not. He does a lot of nature photography.

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

I got the table and actually really like it. I didn't think i would at first but turns out its really handy. I put it on my truck when we head to the beach and eat sandwiches. When we go camping we set the table up below my rooftop tent, and its perfect for gear.

What do you want to know about it?

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Yeah; this is an old thread.

I picked one up a few years ago at Overland Expo East (2019?). I got it at the vendor price since I "technically" was a vendor at the event.

I used it at the event where I camped; worked as advertised.

Pros:

It works as advertised.

Folds up flat (and actually just fits inside a Trash-a-roo spare tire bag).

Seems sturdy enough.

Cons:

Obviously, you have to attach it to a tire. If your vehicle or tire is all dirty and muddy... then you'll be cooking or eating right beside all the dirt and mud.

You can't move it away from your vehicle. I also have a small folding table (opens up to 24" x 36") that I carry in my lil' trailer, and I can put that anywhere. Both the Tailgater table and my folding table essentially take up the same amount of space. Both essentially take the same amount of time to get set-up.

Bottom line:

I haven't used the Tailgater since I used it that one time at the Expo. The folding table just seems more practical, so that's the one I take with me on my adventures.

Tire table.jpg

camp table.2.jpg

Reactions: Ursa Major

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

Hey @armyRN, what folding table do you use? I'm curious about keeping weight down. I have a table now that is ungodly heavy and looking to shave off POUNDS lol. I originally was looking at the tire tailgater here, and after your experience seem hesitant on one for the time being. Any info would be awesome!

EBasil

Rank VI

Influencer I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Basil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6LBE
I've seen these, or the knockoffs, but usually at parks/campgrounds and always with clean vehicles.

I have to say, I haven't used it, but I think I prefer my lighter, larger, less expensive collapsible aluminum folding table. I can seat four at it, or use it for a cooktop, the legs level and four out of five surveyed say it makes me look thinner.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Hey @armyRN, what folding table do you use? I'm curious about keeping weight down. I have a table now that is ungodly heavy and looking to shave off POUNDS lol. I originally was looking at the tire tailgater here, and after your experience seem hesitant on one for the time being. Any info would be awesome!
Mine is made by Coleman. Opened the top measures 24" x 36". Folded, it fits nicely inside my trailer.

I tried a quick google search to find one, but came up short. There's a company called "Redcamp" that sells one this size (and a couple other sizes) on Amazon.

There's another one by the name "Rolife" that sells one 24" x 36" on Amazon.

camp table.1.jpgTrailer OB.5.jpgRedcamp tables.PNG

Rolife camp table.PNG

Last edited: