Steph_ Adventures

Rank IX

Influencer I

Quebec, Canada
First Name
Steph
Last Name
Adventures
hi just posting this here little idea i got (for all truck with tailgates) all the version of table i seen is just a cover ( with holes etc) on top of tailgate . and a folding step . so far i have never seen this . a sliding table ( kinda like the kitchen style ) but only on gate ( save space) . here some ruff drawings . what you guys think about it ??? fast made on paper lol

Attachments

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
A 90* swing out table from the tailgate is a damn good idea, I might look into this. Thanks for the ideas!

Shawn686

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Canada
Personally I just use a rubbermaid folding table that I keep in the back on my truck. I have never really understood the ones that are attached to the truck, they leave you tethered to the vehicle. I like to take the table to where we are, like near the fire, the picnic table or the beach etc.

Granted this only works if you have a truck and space to carry the table. I am going to be building my drawer/sleep platform this year and part of my design is going to be a slot under the drawer for the table. That way I can slide it out and use all the regular truck tables, but still take it out and use it around.

Shawn