Influencer I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Moses
Member #

Hell Everybody

I just posted a review of the Mountain Hatch Tailgate Table Insert. If you are curious about getting one of these for your adventure. This may answer some of your questions

Reactions: GunRunnersActual

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

Greenfield Township, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Hell Everybody

I just posted a review of the Mountain Hatch Tailgate Table Insert. If you are curious about getting one of these for your adventure. This may answer some of your questions

I was going to go with the Mountain Hatch panel but they were out of stock when I wanted it so I went with the AL Offroad Trailgate. It's made of Aluminum instead of plastic. Still had to wait a little while for it but it should be here Tuesday. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up.

Reactions: Johnmosessa

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
I was going to go with the Mountain Hatch panel but they were out of stock when I wanted it so I went with the AL Offroad Trailgate. It's made of Aluminum instead of plastic. Still had to wait a little while for it but it should be here Tuesday. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up.
Id be interested if you could post the differences you notice with yours to this review.

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Id be interested if you could post the differences you notice with yours to this review.
Not sure it will be a video review but I'll see what I can do.

Johnmosessa

Rank VI

Influencer I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Moses
Member #

Hell Everybody

That sounds pretty cool! Please share your experiance with it when you receive it.

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Hell Everybody

That sounds pretty cool! Please share your experiance with it when you receive it.
Will do.

Reactions: Johnmosessa

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
Oh I wasn’t expecting anything as fancy as all that, i just thought a couple pics and your thoughts.

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Hell Everybody

I’ve been considering one of these as well, but the warnings about it being “slick” have me concerned as I’m constantly climbing on my tailgate. Care to touch on this aspect when you get it?

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Hell Everybody

I’ve been considering one of these as well, but the warnings about it being “slick” have me concerned as I’m constantly climbing on my tailgate. Care to touch on this aspect when you get it?
Absolutely. I'm pretty sure both brands have a "slippery when wet" warning but I would think the AL Off-road panel would be less so being made of aluminum. I can do a water test though.

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Hell Everybody

Absolutely. I'm pretty sure both brands have a "slippery when wet" warning but I would think the AL Off-road panel would be less so being made of aluminum. I can do a water test though.
Please do. I had the thought that a can of Raptor liner would solve that issue, but I’m not sure if that would ruin the “table” aspect of it.

Reactions: Dave Snyder

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Hell Everybody

Please do. I had the thought that a can of Raptor liner would solve that issue, but I’m not sure if that would ruin the “table” aspect of it.
That's actually not a bad idea but I think it would depend on how rough the finish ended up being.

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

The tailgate panel showed up a day early. Always a bonus. First impressions are this thing is awesome. Heavier than I expected it to be. I didn't weigh it but I think it's at least three or four pounds. I held one end up and tried to get it to flex and there was very little give. Installation was straight forward. They even sent new mounting screws. You have to remove the access panel from the tailgate in order to put the honest to god cup holders in. This isn't really an option since the holes are already cut in the panel. Installation took about 15 minutes. All of the mounting holes lined up perfectly. They appear to have addressed the "slippery when wet" issue as well. The panel is textured now and not smooth. It looks like it's probably a bedliner material. I poured water on it and it beaded up and ran off. It did not appear to be very slippery as I was moving my foot around in the water but a steady rain might have a different result. The only thing that might be a problem is the cup holder holes are not sealed so you might get water in the tailgate over time if it's constantly exposed to the weather, but a bead of silicone would probably solve that. Overall I'm impressed and glad I got it. If anyone is interested the website is www.aloffroadusa.com. IMG_20220627_182143376.jpgIMG_20220627_182841461.jpgIMG_20220627_183842351.jpg