Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
As most of you know, space can be a premium in our vehicles. Some of us tend to overkill our gear for the "what if" situations. One of mine is my recovery gear. I know I don't really need two tow straps, two kinetic straps, tree saver and two winch blankets. I do need my assortment of clevises, winch pully and two pair of gloves. Maybe not so many tiedowns but at this point who's counting?

A couple of weeks ago I decided to move most of it to a tailgate storage then I saw how much they cost. ARE YOU KIDDING? So buying one is out.

Unfortunately, I somehow erased the pictures of my template, cutting the tailgate, installing the hinges and latch's.
So, 10 gauge steel, amazon stainless hinge's, stainless latch's, two gas supports and a big piece of cardboard for the template. That's what's missing...Sorry.

I covered it with the same outdoor carpet I used for my drawer pull outs. It does flex a little when I stand on it but my 200 pounds doesn't seem to bend it. As you can see, I managed to squeeze everything in there except my tiedowns, those are in a tool bag behind my second seat.

Rear storage 1.jpg Rear Storage 2.jpg