Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
Were planning a trip from Colorado thru Tahoe and a few side trips prior to Alabama Hills. One of which is from Lee Vining to Tenaya Lake. I can't get a correct mileage or time it is from Lee Vining to Tenaya Lake via 120. Does anyone have an approximate mileage it is?

v_man

Rank IV

Advocate I

Redwood City
I've driven Lee Vining up over Tioga pass numerous times, but never really paid attention to mileages. My best estimate is:

LV to Tioga Pass gate/entrance to Yosemite: 20 minutes or 15 miles
Tioga pass to Tenaya Lake: another 20 miles or 25 minutes

Total time from LV to Tenaya Lake: 35 miles and around 45 minutes depending on how fast you drive.

I would definitely watch your speed once you enter the Park. LEO's like to hang out on the downhill run from Tioga Pass into Tuolumne meadows and thru the campground/store area.

And I wouldn't expect the 120 to be open until at least Memorial Day...

Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
I've driven Lee Vining up over Tioga pass numerous times, but never really paid attention to mileages. My best estimate is:

LV to Tioga Pass gate/entrance to Yosemite: 20 minutes or 15 miles
Tioga pass to Tenaya Lake: another 20 miles or 25 minutes

Total time from LV to Tenaya Lake: 35 miles and around 45 minutes depending on how fast you drive.

I would definitely watch your speed once you enter the Park. LEO's like to hang out on the downhill run from Tioga Pass into Tuolumne meadows and thru the campground/store area.

And I wouldn't expect the 120 to be open until at least Memorial Day...
Thanks! we can't drive fast towing our camper anyways. Looking to hit it in June.