Tahoe Roof Rack?

• HTML tutorial

John Turner

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dallas
Member #

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a roof rack that fits a 2012 Tahoe?

I love Gobi, but they don't offer one for my rig. I'm looking to get something similar, but can't seem to find any options. Just the mass marketed ones, which isn't what I'm shooting for. I am willing to pay for a custom, but was hoping someone here might have a better suggestion.

Thanks for the help

JLT

Chevy Chasin Vacation

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Anaheim, CA
Member #

BA2EDD39-2C95-4C2E-A912-02810A43E987.jpeg I bought a cheaply from Walmart a few years ago before I got my Tahoe and it’s just too small for the truck. Already made the rack about a foot longer but now working on making it wider and adding lighting mounts and other goodies but pretty much have to go custom for these trucks. Wilco Offroad does make some nice hitch mounted tire carriers that I’m thinking about getting. Right now we have the spare on the roof but need to make it more accessible.

Reactions: TDAWG

Chevy Chasin Vacation

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Anaheim, CA
Member #

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a roof rack that fits a 2012 Tahoe?

I love Gobi, but they don't offer one for my rig. I'm looking to get something similar, but can't seem to find any options. Just the mass marketed ones, which isn't what I'm shooting for. I am willing to pay for a custom, but was hoping someone here might have a better suggestion.

Thanks for the help

JLT
Here’s some more recent photos of the upgrades I’m doing to the rack. The silver pieces are .065 wall stainless tubing. When I’m finished with the bottom cross supports I will re-sand and paint it. It will look like a Gobi when I’m done.
IMG_5818.jpgIMG_5824.jpgIMG_5822.jpgIMG_5822.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Chevy Chasin Vacation

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Anaheim, CA
Member #

At this point i could have made one entirely out of stainless steel, i have everything i need to do it at work, tube bender, CNC lathes and mills, a welding dept, plenty of scrap material, now if i only had the time to do it all. more photos coming this week

Chevy Chasin Vacation

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Anaheim, CA
Member #

Finally fully reinforced, got my spare with my new Rhino Rack tire strap and Plano 1919 Sportsman Trunk. First trip out with the upgraded rack tomorrow. More upgrades will come after this first weekend trip.

Attachments