Tacoma/Seattle Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

Michael Mayfarth

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lakebay, WA
Member #

Looking to do a monthly Overland and Coffee in the Tacoma/Seattle area. Trying to gauge interest and find a local spot. I know that Griots in Tacoma is the location for the monthly Caffeine and Gasoline meets, but that is typically cars and only has one 4x4/overland event.

My main goal is to have a monthly meet up to swap stories, gear tips, meet others face to face and be able to talk more about overlanding and offroading in general with other people that are possibly interested. I would love to get companies like Mule Outfitters and big brands involved as well. I have had some conversations with vendors and there is interest.

Who all would be interested.

Michael Mayfarth

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lakebay, WA
Member #

Maybe try and set something up at MULE? I'm down in Lacey, but I'd drive to Issaquah once a month.
That was one of the places I was thinking. I need to ask them as they would be open and their lot is kinda small... I will talk to another place in Tukwila near the mall and see if we cant get something planned for November...

Michael Mayfarth

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lakebay, WA
Member #

OK, so I have contact Mule, their lot is small and the other business are open on Sat, why they do their Open House on Sundays...

So... How about a meet up on Sunday the 5th of November. Does 9AM to 12AM work? you dont have to stay for the whole time, but it would be cool to be able to look over people's rigs and talk shop. I will coordinate with Mule and make sure they have their rigs there... maybe I can make a poster and put it on the counter at Mule...

I will bring a couple dozen doughnuts, if someone wants to contribute something else feel free...

One last thing... should this be an OB only event? or invite as many as possible?

Regards,
Mike

Reactions: giarc1234

TAF_Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lacey, Wa.
Member #

Sounds good to me. I say everyone can come. Might be a good chance to spread the word. Any time works, if more can come in the afternoon.

Rillo16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Auburn, Washington
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Cabanas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ZOJ
I'll come, I have been going to Mule almost every weekend anyway lately. Gotta stop buying things.
Hahaha this ^^^ :tearsofjoy: i went in there to buy an air Compressor walked out with a set of scs wheels and an appointment for re gear and lockers. Awesome place though.

Reactions: giarc1234

Michael Mayfarth

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lakebay, WA
Member #

So I talked with Mule and they are closed on Sundays. We can still have it there or maybe do it on a weekday in the evening. Their idea was Cider and Coffee.

I am not set on the location, we could find somewhere further south. What places interest you? I know that 4Wheel Parts used to have a shop in Renton, but that closed a while back.

Maybe I can get something at ARB???

Rillo16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Auburn, Washington
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Cabanas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ZOJ
ARB would be cool. I mean you can't buy anything There lol but there parking lot is pretty decent.