LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
Both vehicles are screwed together very well, and their reputation is well earned. But like others have said, I would base this on your particular needs. What kind of terrain are you planning to traverse? Are you planning to sleep out of it? Do you plan to pull a trailer or a small boat?

If you are hitting rocky terrain with tight turns and treelines, then go with the runner. if you plan to pull a travel trailer, a boat or anything else like that, I would go with the Taco with a longbed. That longer wheelbase will help when towing something along. Also think about your payload needs. Do the math on paper and figure out what you will need. To me this is the most overlooked aspect when buying a rig.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
+1 to everything LONO100 said. I have both a 4Runner and a Taco currently, and while the 4Runner fits much better on tight trails the Tacoma obviously has a lot more room for gear, and feels more stable in off camber situations due to the long wheel base. That said, the Tacoma has a disappointingly low payload that makes it very easy to exceed GVWR.

Reactions: Boort and LONO100