Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
I'm trying to find the most sensible lift option or should I say to add a few inches of clearance for my stock 2008 Tacoma currently with stock tires. My new camper will have way more clearance than my truck (pics in newcomer).

I really don't want to get into an expensive lift kit and monster tires if I can help.

Ideas?

Dcwn.45

Rank IV

Member I

Minnesota
First Name
David
Last Name
Nyman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0GNE
I’m running OME heavy front coil and shocks for a 2.5”lift,w ARB front bumper and Warn winch
I initially went with a 2” AAL rear but found it too light for any weight or towing so I replaced it with Allpro 3” expo springs and it’s great
Stock UCAs and alignment is perfect and ride for dd is fine, I came from a Ram 2500so I’m sure that skews my perspective

ohiowrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

I recently installed a "readylift" lift kit on my boss's 2016 Tacoma. It's a well designed kit, it lifted and leveled the truck. Strut spacers, differential drop, sway bar drop and spacers for the skid plate for the front. Blocks w/U bolt's for the rear, all hardware was included. Using stock wheels he installed a 33" tire, I'll have to check the exact size. Price wise I believe he said was less than $400. Ron

OverlandHiker

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger II

Livermore, CA
First Name
Bennett
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LPD
I have a 2007 Tacoma TRD Sport double cab long bed. I run an OME 2.5-3” lift with the Dakar leaf pack in the back. It is an excellent option if you want a bit more ground clearance. Not too expensive and seems to be very reliable.