Tacoma Front Tow Shackle

• HTML tutorial

SPJEEP4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wichita, KS
Member #

The BP fab recovery hook is really all I was able to find in TacomaWorld. Looks pretty good quality though. Still trying to decide if I want a bumper for my ‘17 Tacoma. Warn has come out with a “slimline” that looks pretty good. I was able to see one installed and ask questions. Warn says it’s “no cut” but in fact you do have to cut some of the plastic on the bottom and I guess they give some grommets to hold said plastic up that don’t really work. So there’s that but I am a fan of minimal cutting.

Other than that seems the bumper is really well made and comes at a decent price. They do suggest the Warn Zeon line of winches to go with the bumper in the Tacomas due to all the mechanicals being center mounted on the winch. There’s some sort of bracket for the grille that offset winches could run into and have problems fitting.

motorpig60

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mason, OH
Member #

Damn, I was holding out for the Warn Slimline because I didn't want to cut. My local dealer said there was no cutting but the instructions appear to note otherwise.

Thanks for the info.

SPJEEP4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wichita, KS
Member #

From what I saw it’s a little bit on the plastic underneath and it’s pretty minimal. One thing that also appealed to me about the warn bumper is the hoop appeared to be a little higher than the SSO bumper so I feel like it would protect the grill a little better, maybe. Just a S.W.A.G. based on pics I’ve seen. Thing is, the place I was at quoted just shy of $3k for the bumper, winch and install. That’s quite a chunk of change, so for now I’m just holding off.

motorpig60

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mason, OH
Member #

Yeah, that seems pretty expensive. I'll just do mine myself, I hate paying labor. With the Warn bumper and 9500# winch, I was about $1100 in parts.

Reactions: SPJEEP4x4