Taco with no name

• HTML tutorial

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hey guys and gals, guess it is time to start a build thread. We just recently decided to get rid of our 2016 ram 1500 that was code named RamRod ( thanks for that btw @DieselPoweredCamel) and switched platforms.
Switched since there is a major lack of aftermarket support for that vehicle (kinda a shame really) and just general things about the vehicle that over 2 years the wife and I were not totally happy with.

So enter the new rig. 2019 Tacoma trd off-road, wasn't looking for a brand new vehicle but the opportunity presented itself and decided to take it lol.

So far not many mods done but many plans in the future as the sky is basically the limit with this platform. I have been extremely happy with the change of vehicle and even the wifey is super happy with the new rig ( major bonus [emoji1] ).

Vehicle information
2019 Tacoma trd off-road
Double cab short bed in "I'm always gana be dirty" Black.

Mods so far ( will try to keep this information up to date lol)
Red arc tow-pro elite brake controller
Avs window deflectors.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

To keep posts short will update with mods added. First up was a red arc tow-pro elite brake controller. I wanted something that offered a clean install and not just another standard brick hanging off the bottom of the dash for me to bang my knee on. As this is an essential mod for us as we tow our pop up trailer, nicknamed notaxpo, when we travel. The install was extremely straight forward. Only hickup was that the switch replacement that red arc sells did not fit in the spot that I was wanting to install the control knob. So just heads up if you are looking to install on a third gen tacoma in this location it will not work. What I ended up having to do is bust out the trusty Dremel and file and modify the dummy switch. Once that was done install was a breeze. I did not end up taking photos while doing the install as this is very straight forward. If you are doing this install and need help hmu and I can do what I can to help out.

IMG_20190427_132333_979.jpeg

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Next mod up was the avs window deflectors. I love these things and have had some form of window deflectors on pretty much every vehicle I have had. They are typically cheap and very easy to install. I prefer the in channel style over the "over the window" style purely based on aesthetics. Did not take any photos of install as this is very easy and straight forward. Take the included scotchbrite pad and ruff up mounting surface then wipe down with included alcohol wipes. Next just peel and stick. Be careful when initially rolling up the windows to make sure they clear as you may need to manipulate the deflectors a bit. Leave windows rolled up for 72hours (hardest part for me lol) and Bam all done. IMG_20190504_174503.jpegIMG_20190504_175826_080.jpeg