Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

I was wondering when people down load pictures from their cameras do they prefer lap tops or tablets. I have several surgeries on my back coming up and going to try and start to gather equipment such as a lap top or tablet. Will look more in depth at cameras once my surgeries are done. I have to do that once I get another vehicle. Thinking of getting a Wrangler with a soft top but not sure about security.

Chuckem12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

I have both plus a large smart phone. It really depends on what you want to do with the item. For ease of use and quick access, your phone or tablet is the way to go. However, because of their design, they aren't the best for working on business tasks editing. I know some will argue that with all the apps available you can do everything with a tablet.....and for the most part it is true... however, there are more refined details you'll only be able to do with a laptop. The newer laptops can double as a tablet as well. Some are detachable so you have the option of how to carry it. The biggest selling point for a laptop is the higher capacity of work which can be done. But again, depending on how much you spend on your tablet, you may have those options too.

Personally, I love the accessibility of tablets for quick things. But, when I'm going to sit and work on something, I prefer a laptop. I feel more productive on a laptop.

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

If it were me, I’d figure out which photo editing software I liked using the best and then go from there. They’re typically optimized for one platform over the other.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
iPad OS is going to change a lot of things for the tablet world and photography. Finally having the ability to easily connect an external hard drive to an iPad will be great. There will also be mouse support. They aren't cheap but they are super powerful. I think a 12.9" iPad would be pretty nice for editing. You can also hook it up to an external monitor at home for fancier editing. There are a lot of great apps like Pixelmator as alternatives to what Adobe offers. The new OS will be out this fall.

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

iPad OS is going to change a lot of things for the tablet world and photography. Finally having the ability to easily connect an external hard drive to an iPad will be great. There will also be mouse support. They aren't cheap but they are super powerful. I think a 12.9" iPad would be pretty nice for editing. You can also hook it up to an external monitor at home for fancier editing. There are a lot of great apps like Pixelmator as alternatives to what Adobe offers. The new OS will be out this fall.
I’ll check that out. Camera i’m Getting has a memory card so not sure about a I pad. Thank you