Tablet mounting ideas?

• HTML tutorial

Paul Misencik

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Has anyone mounted a tablet on their dashboard or windshield? I need to mount a relatively small, 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab for navigation, and I'm curious about what options you used. Any suggestions on how to make it durable and stable enough for rough terrain? All the mounts I see are cheap, eBay-quality and I can't imagine they will stand up to much jostling, but maybe something can be bought and modified?

I have some thoughts, but as always, I'm second guessing them. If anyone has bought or built something that works, I'd love to see it.

Thanks!

Reactions: mouellette012

Paul Misencik

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Oh, those look awesome! The "TabLock" looks right up my alley, thank you! Now, I wonder how the heck I can get it here to Spain without doubling the cost. lol

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
I second using the Ram Mount system. I've used them for putting a GPS a Honda XR400 I used to have. I will be mounting a tablet in my Xterra for nav with Ram. Great system.

NM95Bronco

Rank III

Member I

First Name
greg
Last Name
green
Member #

This is what I have, got the idea at a kiosk at a vape store, it's hardcore.

tabletholder.jpg

Reactions: Prerunner1982

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

The OEM radio in my ‘02 4Runner was never going to be used, or any stereo for that matter, so I built my own u-shaped bracket with the stereo mounting brackets. Then I mounted RAM mounts for my iPhone and iPad Mini.

Attachments

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
RAM Mounts

The X-Grip system is great. I use it for my smartphone. For the tablet I once had a RAM Tab-Tite holder as a universal holder, also robust and easy to use. But I gave it away, because I now have a RAM holder with integrated power and data port. That one is really great. Exactly suitable for the tablet I run and very robust.

Reactions: MiamiC70

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

See if anything from Panavise suits your needs. The website is straight out of GeoCities, but their products are top notch.

The one I have in my GX mounts to the left opening of the glove box. From there, I have an inexpensive tablet mount holding a 3rd gen iPad Air, although I still had an older Samsung tablet in this pic.

1676121455064.png

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

See if anything from Panavise suits your needs. The website is straight out of GeoCities, but their products are top notch.

The one I have in my GX mounts to the left opening of the glove box. From there, I have an inexpensive tablet mount holding a 3rd gen iPad Air, although I still had an older Samsung tablet in this pic.
Thanks for the tip - haven't ever run across panavise in my searches. A 3rd Gen Tacoma mount is shipping!

Reactions: Kevin108