T4RGuy026's 2018 4Runner OR

• HTML tutorial

T4RGuy026

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bayport, NY
Member #

Hey everyone! Ive been away for a bit but im back! I recently had gotten rid of my Jeep and had a Ram 1500 pickup for awhile and i couldnt stay away so i got into a 2018 4Runner. It didnt stay stock for long. Installed a Rola Vortex Rack, 285/70R17 BFG K02, Dobinsons 2" Lift Kit, RCI Skid Plates, New Pioneer 8400 Radio with Car Play, Baja Designs Fog Lights and a TRD CAI for fun :)

Still Looking at Getting a CB and some Rack Lighting but thats about it for now.

Attachments

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

Hey everyone! Ive been away for a bit but im back! I recently had gotten rid of my Jeep and had a Ram 1500 pickup for awhile and i couldnt stay away so i got into a 2018 4Runner. It didnt stay stock for long. Installed a Rola Vortex Rack, 285/70R17 BFG K02, Dobinsons 2" Lift Kit, RCI Skid Plates, New Pioneer 8400 Radio with Car Play, Baja Designs Fog Lights and a TRD CAI for fun :)

Still Looking at Getting a CB and some Rack Lighting but thats about it for now.

View attachment 94703
View attachment 94704
View attachment 94705
View attachment 94706
View attachment 94708
View attachment 94709
What made you decide to go with the Dbinsns Lift? I just sold my Jeep jk and bought a 4runner and I’m researching lifts, but I’m having a tough time deciding.

Great looking 4runner!

T4RGuy026

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bayport, NY
Member #

I had a JK too for awhile, the uncomfortable ride and not enough power got to me after a short while. There are those days I do miss it a bit but the 4Runner is much more comfortable and honestly just as capable. I went with dobinsons for price and they are pretty well known and I wanted certain things out of a lift. I wanted comfort and better driving dynamics. I ended up talking to an Offroad shop out of state and asked a million questions and they also recommended Dobinsons based on the fact that in reality I daily drive my 4Runner and 3 or 4 times out of the year I go off-roading/camping. Another thing that’s just my opinion I don’t think you need to spend $1500+ on a lift unless your hardcore with your rig on the daily. I knew what size I wanted as I didn’t want to replace the UCA’s as most do for 2.5+ lift. Plus I loved the fact that all the parts came in black so you don’t notice the lift at all. A lot of springs and shocks are red/shiny etc. and that’s not my style. When I do things to my truck I almost do them in mind like they are OEM+ like things don’t look out of place if that makes sense.

What made you decide to go with the Dbinsns Lift? I just sold my Jeep jk and bought a 4runner and I’m researching lifts, but I’m having a tough time deciding.

Great looking 4runner!

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

I had a JK too for awhile, the uncomfortable ride and not enough power got to me after a short while. There are those days I do miss it a bit but the 4Runner is much more comfortable and honestly just as capable. I went with dobinsons for price and they are pretty well known and I wanted certain things out of a lift. I wanted comfort and better driving dynamics. I ended up talking to an Offroad shop out of state and asked a million questions and they also recommended Dobinsons based on the fact that in reality I daily drive my 4Runner and 3 or 4 times out of the year I go off-roading/camping. Another thing that’s just my opinion I don’t think you need to spend $1500+ on a lift unless your hardcore with your rig on the daily. I knew what size I wanted as I didn’t want to replace the UCA’s as most do for 2.5+ lift. Plus I loved the fact that all the parts came in black so you don’t notice the lift at all. A lot of springs and shocks are red/shiny etc. and that’s not my style. When I do things to my truck I almost do them in mind like they are OEM+ like things don’t look out of place if that makes sense.
Thanks for the note, this sounds just like my situation and I although I do miss my Jeep the ride in the 4runner already far exceeds the power and comfort. I had an AEV 2.5 on the JK, so I am anxious to put some better and more responsive shocks under the 4runner. Dobinsons sounds like a really strong option. Off to do more research to find the exact setup I’m looking for. Thanks!