First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Cosgrove
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2GHD
Hi Everyone,
I just picked up a set of BF Goodrich TA K02 and am preparing to put them on with a 2 inch lift this weekend. One question I have while doing my research is in regards to tire pressure for both on road and off road use. I’ve seen a range of recommended pressures from 25psi to all the way up to 50psi when running on road. What pressures do you guys run In your tires and what’s your recommended air down pressures for different off road ground types?IMG_2143.JPG

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
The best way to establish proper tire pressure for your set up is to draw a line accrost the tire face with chalk and drive in a straight line. If the chalk is gone on just the center, pressure is too high, gone on just the shoulders, pressure is too low. The goal is to get the whole line to be removed.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

And keep in mind that appropriate pressure is dependent on vehicle weight including load. Front tire pressures might need to change if you add a heavy winch and bumper for example.

Reactions: Dilldog

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Airing down has alot of particulars like what size tire, rating, rim design, weight of the vehicle and terrain, example my truck weighs roughly 6400lb and i have 33" e rated tires that can take 80psi max,on highway i run em at 60 psi , in the rocks i air down to around 30 to 35 psi it gives grip without letting the rocks contact my rims, in nasty mud i go to 20psi and in sand i go anywhere from 20 down to 5 psi depending on the sand conditions and how fast i plan on traveling on the sand. Its really something you will have to play with to get right.