Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia Beach, VA
First Name
Alexis
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

I've been looking at a main way to control all my lights and narrowed it down to either the switch-pros or sPod. The Bantam X is real neat as all the inputs are 30 Amp and can daisy chain up to 4 modules linked to 1 touch screen. The switch-pros has variable inputs, but you can link up to 3 switch panels to 1 power unit. Also looking at warranties, the Switch-Pros has 2 years while the sPod was a 1 year on mechanical and 90 days on electrical. I've heard good things about both, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with either or, and what you would recommend.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
I have a Switch-Pros in my tundra with a SDHQ module that fits in the center console. Works perfectly and can be controlled by phone. Here is a link SDHQ Built Switch Pros Power Panel System Mounts. High quality aftermarket.
what all are you running on the switch-pros
2 Baja design amber in fog light
1 40” Baja design bar in hood bulge
2 Baja design squadron pros on a pillars
1 RTL-S in rear
1 squadron pro on right rear for a chase light

Mounted with Leitner mounts and SDHQ hardware.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
I have a Switch-Pros in my tundra with a SDHQ module that fits in the center console. Works perfectly and can be controlled by phone. Here is a link SDHQ Built Switch Pros Power Panel System Mounts. High quality aftermarket.
How the SwitchPros app working for you? iTunes Store ratings for the app are horrible as are ratings on Amazon. Looks like developers have not fixed many issues in years.
Never had an issue with app and works when Truck is off.

Reactions: MiamiC70

slightNine

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Yukon, OK, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hutton
Member #

I've had a spod in my jeep for 7 years. Never had a problem with it. That jeep went through a F5 tornado and it still worked perfectly after having a house dropped on/in it.

Probably trying something different with the new build just to change it up.

Reactions: Asuarez_673

Asuarez_673

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia Beach, VA
First Name
Alexis
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

I've had a spod in my jeep for 7 years. Never had a problem with it. That jeep went through a F5 tornado and it still worked perfectly after having a house dropped on/in it.

Probably trying something different with the new build just to change it up.
That's what I'm leaning more towards, just still seeing if others have any inputs

Reactions: Alaska Overlander

Scrounger

Rank I

Contributor III

Bay Area
Except for the cost, I love my SPOD. It is well built, straightforward to install, and easy to add items.

NOTE: If anyone is thinking about using the SPOD with ARB compressor/lockers, skip the expensive SPOD branded ARB harness and plug directly into the SPOD.

Reactions: MiamiC70

Alaska Overlander

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Anchorage, AK, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Pester
Member #

I have two S-Pods one that I run off main battery and the other that I run off my house battery.

Super easy to use and switch between using one control box.

Would recommend

Alaska Overlander

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Anchorage, AK, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Pester
Member #

Except for the cost, I love my SPOD. It is well built, straightforward to install, and easy to add items.

Agreed. It’s confusing to find a walkthrough but once you figure it out it works a charm!

NOTE: If anyone is thinking about using the SPOD with ARB compressor/lockers, skip the expensive SPOD branded ARB harness and plug directly into the SPOD.

slightNine

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Yukon, OK, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hutton
Member #

Well, I went with the switch pros for this build. Time will tell if it holds up, but the programming is surprisingly useful. I was able to set up one of the switches to be on when the truck is on and off otherwise. Pretty much eliminated the need for a charge controller to maintain the bluetti's charge. The RGB backlighting can match just about any oem and dims when the lights are on.
PXL_20210420_123015869.jpg