Swelling of the lower extremities

• HTML tutorial

Pazuzu1991

Rank IV

Advocate II

I've been noticing that my feet are starting to swell when I make long drives like the one I just did. I have a bad habit of driving "gumball style" I select a destination and drive there in the fastest amount of time possible. I'm talking multi day 15 to 18 hour driving stints only interrupted by fuel stops and sleep. I eat or use the bathroom while the vehicle fills up. I'm accustomed to long distance travel so It was big surprise when my legs and feet started swelling. It wasn't painful, It just looked weird and my skin felt really tight. It went away a few days after I got back, but it certainly shocked me. Anyone else ever experience this?

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Prolly just need to get out and walk more. Or you're getting old ;) hahaha I do the same stuff tho. By military law it should take me 3 days to get home I do it in about 17 hours lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pazuzu1991

Pazuzu1991

Rank IV

Advocate II

Prolly just need to get out and walk more. Or you're getting old ;) hahaha I do the same stuff tho. By military law it should take me 3 days to get home I do it in about 17 hours lol.

Yeah I was suspecting the getting old thing, dang it LOL. 3 days to travel how far?

Pazuzu1991

Rank IV

Advocate II

Oh wow 500, that's very conservative.
Sometimes my butt falls asleep.....

But, I'm pretty old.
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the seat. I had a 2012 WRX that gave me hot-spots and made my butt go numb after a few hours in the seat.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Oh wow 500, that's very conservative.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the seat. I had a 2012 WRX that gave me hot-spots and made my butt go numb after a few hours in the seat.
It's a liability issue I guess. Not everyone can get in a car and drive for 24 hours straight lol (did that once...don't recommend it even at 24)

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

This could be the sign of a serious medical problem. Sitting for long periods of time can cause deep vein thrombosis and blood clots in the lower extremities. If your leg starts to swell, feels hot, and/or painful you need to get to a doctor right away. This could mean you have developed a blood clot, if it (or part of it) breaks loose it can kill you. Brain and pulminary embolisms are no joke.

Seriously, this is potentially fatal! You need to see a doctor and don't take medical advice from the Internet.