Swedish Log Stovetop

• HTML tutorial

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Looks pretty cool. Honestly, I would love to get a small chain saw just so I can pre-cut a bunch of logs Swedish style.

I bet I can make something that would do the same job with steel scrap.

tacodile456

Rank 0

Contributor I

Well I have cut and used Norwegian fire logs that look just like that and they work very well! However I don't think that Swedish fire logs would work as well as the Norwegian ones... ;)

Sent from my infidel iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I think the same, but dont know a difference between swedish and norwegian ones. But you can use it just like that. Its very simple.

Greetings from Robert

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

That is cool! I think @roamingtimber is on to something though. I could build one a lot cheaper than buying one.

Nevertheless...it is still a cool idea, I have cut wood with my Stihl MS250 like that numerous times. It burns a long time, or so it seems. And, if you cut it cross wise and don't saw all the way through and leave the last couple inches together the logs wont fall apart, although they don't vent as well if cut like that.

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

My family has been quartering logs like this all my life. Beside allowing you to have a hot fire and a flat surface, in wet conditions it lets you get to the dry wood and dry out the rest. All while giving you plenty of tinder from sawdust in the center to start the fire. We immigrated in 1856 from Sweden. Swedish-American are best of both worlds.

Reactions: Anders0nic