Contributor I

Martinez CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Rockett
Member #

Hey Everyone,

I am going on a week long trip up to the Boise area and was planning to do some exploring/camping while I'm there. I have a very capable rig and would love to see some of the more remote areas and maybe do some fly fishing. Does anyone have suggestions for trails to explore and possibly camp anywhere within 100 miles of Boise? I will be bringing all of my camping equipment, so longer trails are not out of the question. If I don't get any suggestions on here I will probably just use the Gaia GPS app and do some exploring, but thought I would at least check here first.

Also open to meeting some members in that area if they're up for it!

Thanks in advance!

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Look at the ID BDR Route. It should give you some ideas. There is some cool stuff to the east of Boise.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
You can also head out into the blm land in the Owyhees. There's probably 1000's of miles of trails out there. I've been up there several times, and it's loads of fun. Lots to explore.

rockett92

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Martinez CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Rockett
Member #

You can also head out into the blm land in the Owyhees. There's probably 1000's of miles of trails out there. I've been up there several times, and it's loads of fun. Lots to explore.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll look into it!

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Both the North and Middle Forks of the Boise River, above the Dams are flyfish-able, lots of trails. The Danskins are open, as are the Trinity Mtns. Lots to see within 100 of Boise. South Fork of the Payette is great White Water if you're into raft trips. Enjoy your time here.

Reactions: rockett92

rockett92

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Martinez CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Rockett
Member #

Both the North and Middle Forks of the Boise River, above the Dams are flyfish-able, lots of trails. The Danskins are open, as are the Trinity Mtns. Lots to see within 100 of Boise. South Fork of the Payette is great White Water if you're into raft trips. Enjoy your time here.
Great info! Thank you!

rockett92

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Martinez CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Rockett
Member #

Well the trip was a huge success. Took lots of long back roads into the mountains, went to the Owyhee OHV area, the Boise National Forest and fished in the main river and in some streams. Caught a bunch of Brookies, one rainbow. Camped with some good friends, etc... love it up there. One day I’ll move there. Such beautiful country. Thanks for the help everyone.

Oh and since the truck is somewhat new to me, I had to test the flex in the suspension. I was impressed, to say the least.

IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG35115455-5AA2-40AA-9377-C40D9C3D4874.jpg878804CC-9CDB-40DB-9AB2-109B29387D12.jpgIMG_0902.JPGIMG_0985.JPGIMG_0991.JPGIMG_1016.JPG