GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Lava Roads II April 26-29
Time: 9:30am
Meet Place: Valley Wide Country Store 2442 Main St, Gooding, ID 83330
Destination: Desert/Lava Fields
Estimated Duration: 4 days Estimated Distance: 250 miles, Gooding, ID to Firth, ID
Comms Channels: GRMS=17, CB=13

20230609_140931_HDR.jpg

Well, it is time to post the next planned trip. Lava Roads II is planned for April 26-29. This should prove to be a great time to be out in the desert. Traditional highs in the 60's and lows in the 30's. Perfect! It is also part of the rainy season so it could be a bit wet so be prepared.

This route will take in a big part of the Upcoming West East Idaho Overland Route (WEIOR). A route verification for part of Leg 2 and most of Leg 3. Starting in Gooding, Idaho and ending in Firth, Idaho. This will take in 250 miles of mostly dirt, gravel and two track roads once we leave pavement north of Gooding. Keep in mind that this is a one way trip and depending on where you start there may be a long drive back.

I have driven some of these roads. Probably about 1/4 of the entire route, the rest will be all new to me as well. There are a few places that may require reroutes. We will not know that until we get there though. Some of these roads are rocky and some are going through lava fields so good tires are going to be needed. Stock high clearance vehicles should be fine. Vehicles such as Subaru's may have issues. 4x4 will probably be needed especially if it is wet. Roads could be narrow and brushy at times. Usually they are not, just giving a heads up since I have not driven most of these roads.

I have allowed for 4 days on trail, but if we make good time we may only need 3 days. There are plenty of good break off points if you wanted to make this a shorter trip as well.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

Hope to see you there! George.

Reactions: reaver