Peregrine

Rank III

Advocate I

Idaho, USA
First Name
Darby
Last Name
Peregrine
Sent a week with the popup over Thanksgiving way up Arrowrock. A week over Christmas at Anderson. Now that we are creeping above freezing, thinking about grabbing the pups and trailer and heading a little south for a week.

Anyone been out SW Idaho or SE Oregon lately? Any nice spots or spots to avoid for now?

Would like some water around. Snow doesn't bother me. But mud up to the axles can really put the crimp on fun.

Thanks.

Reactions: David H and M Rose

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Hi Darby,
You can get into Lesley Gulch, Owyhee Resv, Owyhee Back-country Loop Road, Bruneau Sand Dunes, Salmon Creel Resv. The Back Country loop should be avoided if wet, that gumbo clay med is ugly and very slick.

David

• Love
Reactions: M Rose

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Sent a week with the popup over Thanksgiving way up Arrowrock. A week over Christmas at Anderson. Now that we are creeping above freezing, thinking about grabbing the pups and trailer and heading a little south for a week.

Anyone been out SW Idaho or SE Oregon lately? Any nice spots or spots to avoid for now?

Would like some water around. Snow doesn't bother me. But mud up to the axles can really put the crimp on fun.

Thanks.
Are you looking to stay somewhere for a few days, or move everyday?

There's so many places in the Owyhee you can go. If that's the direction you want to go, I'd be happy to pm you a few spots. I don't like posting mine publicly.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.

Thanks.
Darby,

Lots of great places south and west of Murphy ID. The Owyhee Mountains are also a great bet, but you need to be comfortable with snow. Not sure what the snow pack is right now, but if you stay low in elevation, it should not be too bad... Beautiful country there...