Suzuki Sj410 Conversion tray back

• HTML tutorial

Poserlander

Rank 0

Traveler I

Cayucos
Just picked up my newest overland rig. A 1988 Suzuki Samurai. So far I have installed 3 in trail gear leaf springs, registered it out of state and converted to a single cab. It smogs in California but I will be converting it to a diesel and stretching it out with a Toyota rear drive shaft and installing Toyota axles. Truck has 30” bfg ko2s that are brand new.

Parts have been given to me so far and we are calling this the #zerodollarzook. I will post as I go.

When I picked it up in San deahagoIMG_1102.JPG

After stripping the paint and installing the spring under three inch lift kit, extended braided brake lines, and aluminum drive shaft spacers from trailgear
58913693059__79A1AA8F-DACC-4377-82D2-5C4F97C1F7E2.JPG

When I chopped the cab IMG_1522.JPG

When I primered the body , I enclosed the cab temporarily for paint as to not ruin the mint interior.IMG_1527.JPG

Began building the tray back with supports/rollbar. This canopy will be covered with fabric from an old CVT tent that fell apart. The DOM tubing is connected to a 1/4 in thick 2x2 frame that is welded to the Sammy frame. I have not finished the canopy obviously. It will get a ceiling x-brace and side bars as well as a rear mount for spare spare tire, light and a hi lift jack which we use frequently.

Then we went for a three coat rustoleum rust stop paint job.58968339380__D53E29DF-21F1-484A-8EF1-FE2C3B205EAC.JPG

We are now at a stopping point and waiting for some fox shocks. Hope to install lights and a cb this weekend. I will be removing the rear diff tonight and welding it up tomorrow after work. Yeehoo!! D58644B9-08DB-4B49-9456-58770089027B.jpg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Just picked up my newest overland rig. A 1988 Suzuki Samurai. So far I have installed 3 in trail gear leaf springs, registered it out of state and converted to a single cab. It smogs in California but I will be converting it to a diesel and stretching it out with a Toyota rear drive shaft and installing Toyota axles. Truck has 30” bfg ko2s that are brand new.

Parts have been given to me so far and we are calling this the #zerodollarzook. I will post as I go.

When I picked it up in San deahagoView attachment 117173

After stripping the paint and installing the spring under three inch lift kit, extended braided brake lines, and aluminum drive shaft spacers from trailgear
View attachment 117174

When I chopped the cab View attachment 117175

When I primered the body , I enclosed the cab temporarily for paint as to not ruin the mint interior.View attachment 117176

Began building the tray back with supports/rollbar. This canopy will be covered with fabric from an old CVT tent that fell apart. The DOM tubing is connected to a 1/4 in thick 2x2 frame that is welded to the Sammy frame. I have not finished the canopy obviously. It will get a ceiling x-brace and side bars as well as a rear mount for spare spare tire, light and a hi lift jack which we use frequently.

Then we went for a three coat rustoleum rust stop paint job.View attachment 117177

We are now at a stopping point and waiting for some fox shocks. Hope to install lights and a cb this weekend. I will be removing the rear diff tonight and welding it up tomorrow after work. Yeehoo!! View attachment 117178
Wow. This is going to be a sweet ride.

Reactions: Poserlander

Steve in Roanoke VA

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

When I picked it up in San deahagoView attachment 117173

View attachment 117174

When I chopped the cab View attachment 117175

When I primered the body , I enclosed the cab temporarily for paint as to not ruin the mint interior.View attachment 117176

Then we went for a three coat rustoleum rust stop paint job.View attachment 117177

We are now at a stopping point and waiting for some fox shocks. Hope to install lights and a cb this weekend. I will be removing the rear diff tonight and welding it up tomorrow after work. Yeehoo!! View attachment 117178
AWESOME!!!! Looking forward to the finished product (if that ever happens..) and for continuing updates! What a great project!

Reactions: Poserlander