SUV Ground Tent Experience?

• HTML tutorial

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Anyone have any experience with something along the lines of this SUV Ground Tent?

We are looking at doing something like it so we can have room for dogs as well as us but wanted to get some opinions on this. I did a search but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
We have that exact tent, hooked to back of our '14 RAM 2500 with a tall topper. Absolutely love it!! We spent the month of May on the road, primitive, 28 day, just under 5000 miles. Its our bad weather hangout and changing room. We sleep in the back of the truck. Also had it on the back of our WJ. High quality tent with a slightly oversized bag, makes repacking easier than normal tent bags.

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

We have that exact tent, hooked to back of our '14 RAM 2500 with a tall topper. Absolutely love it!! We spent the month of May on the road, primitive, 28 day, just under 5000 miles. Its our bad weather hangout and changing room. We sleep in the back of the truck. Also had it on the back of our WJ. High quality tent with a slightly oversized bag, makes repacking easier than normal tent bags.
Great to hear! How is it setting up? Also is it possible to pull the rig away from the tent and secure the tent? We are thinking for when we are camping and wanting to explore the area we could keep the tent in our spot but still drive around. That is one reason we still haven't jumped on board of getting a RTT. You always have to pack up camp if you want to drive anywhere.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
How is it setting up? Also is it possible to pull the rig away from the tent and secure the tent?
Setup is three poles. Yes, you can drive away and zip up that wall.
There are a few YouTube reviews on it that show setup and such.

Reactions: A10MileHusker