• HTML tutorial

Arepas

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
Member #

Friends,

I am looking for suspension upgrade to eliminate the sagging on my JKU. We pregnantly carry our roof top tent (230lbs) on top of our roof rack system (~150lb). When loaded it has about 7 gallons of water plus clothing, propane bottles, kitchen, etc.. for 3 people.

I am thinking on Old Man Emu kit, unsure if should get their kit without shocks and get fox shocks.

DanielD

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Marquez
Member #

I wrote and spoke with the Teraflex folks because I am having a similar situation as you, and was wondering what a good solution would be for a suspension upgrade/change.
The rep I spoke with over the phone suggested I go with their 2.5 Springs (part number 1853102, 1854102) and the 2.1 Falcon monotube shocks (sorry no part number).
Then a few days later somebody else responded to my email suggesting I go with their Outback Overland Suspension kit (page 34 of their catalog). This kit includes control arms, track bar, bump stops, and more. Actually this kit does not come with shocks. They suggest their falcon Series 3.3 which are adjustable for different terrain, and such, but of course you could with whatever shocks you would like.
The main thing about this kit is that the springs are supposedly load-enhanced heavy-duty rate springs. Having the heavier springs, though, means that when not under heavy load the ride will most likely be stiffer, but I'm sure it would be nice when loaded up for a trip.
What I'm thinking of doing is the first suggestion and then slowly getting the control arms and track bar in the future (my jeep already has a 3in lift from the previous owner). I don't know know, though. I'll still have to think it over and look at more options, but sometimes looking at more options can be overwhelming.
I hope this helps, and let me know what you go with!

Daniel

p.s. I just noticed your name is Arepas and your picture is of Arepas. Are you Venezuelan? I was born in Venezuela and live in the US now (for a long while now). I love Arepas and it's one of the few Venezuelan foods I make sure I pass on to my daughter. haha

Reactions: Cendee

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Depending on what you do Firestone Airbags are an excellent system.

2114ebb1448986ca52f35ccb8904f1d5.jpg

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

I run the Teraflex Outback Springs, Alpine adjustable control arms and trac bar, HD Tie rod and drag link flip, Fox dual reservoir shocks and steering stablizer. My Jeep does not sag at all and it weighs around 5500 lbs at all times. I wouldnt go any other way.

Attachments