bgoman

Rank I

Contributor III

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
G
Anyone surf while camping/overlanding? Looking for ideas on how to securely carry a board along with all the other necessary gear.

surfnturf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kings Mountain, CA, USA
Member #

I have old school aloha racks on my bronco. I typically bring two boards on surf trips. A 6-2 fish and 6-8 shortboard. This covers a broad range of surf and both boards will fit nicely in bronco when I need to lock them up at night. The longboard stays home unless I bringing my RV. 03836B0F-B3FC-4237-9341-A29B43870035.jpeg

Reactions: TCorona and bgoman

bgoman

Rank I

Contributor III

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
G
they have a tri-folding board for travel

View attachment 193223
Haha! Should've thought of that lol

I have old school aloha racks on my bronco. I typically bring two boards on surf trips. A 6-2 fish and 6-8 shortboard. This covers a broad range of surf and both boards will fit nicely in bronco when I need to lock them up at night. The longboard stays home unless I bringing my RV. View attachment 193249
Yeah, I've got some Rhino Rack bars but was hoping to do a rooftop tent on a bed rack and also somehow have room for a board. I've got a Jeep Gladiator.

Wish I had that Bronco though! lol

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
I found that a pacsafe bag protector (metal spider web like bag) on each end of the board sybched down and locked to the crossbars kept my boards safe in Baja last year.
I have since changed to the Yakima supdawg
It is a locking strap mechanism that secures the board to the crossbars and the strap has a steel cable core
No issues at any OC beaches with this one