Superior Mt to Avery Id through Snow Peak WMA - 07/28/2018

• HTML tutorial

Kurt Hoffman

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Post Falls, Idaho
Member #

I'll have to do some recon for this one. Right now snow is still blocking the IDBDR from the Blue Cabin to Avery in the IDBDR, which would make a sweet and most direct return trip for me.
I was up that way about a week ago. There was still quite a bit of snow up top. Sounds like a great trip. Kurt

Reactions: britz

Kurt Hoffman

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Post Falls, Idaho
Member #

I'll have to do some recon for this one. Right now snow is still blocking the IDBDR from the Blue Cabin to Avery in the IDBDR, which would make a sweet and most direct return trip for me.
I was up that way about a week ago. There was still quite a bit of snow up top. Sounds like a great trip. Kurt
I was on Bullion Pass which I assume will be the same elevation.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Not
I was on Bullion Pass which I assume will be the same elevation.
Right on, Good to know, but it was definitely still snowed in earlier this week. Not just the elevation, there's a hairpin after the blue cabin that is the last area to melt off every year. That's why the Lolo Motorway takes so long, shade and north face.

The snow is clearing out earlier than last year, so I'll make a quick run up after the Silver Lake trip.

Reactions: Captain Chaos

kevin Timmons

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Spokane Wa
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Timmons
I'm going to do my best to make this one. Probably myself, a kid and 1 of the dogs. We are in the process of purchasing a new home so there is a chance that something could come up that keeps us home. Looking forward to a good trip.

Kev

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
Might be tight, as I'm getting off a plane Friday evening. I could always be the straggler! I went from Superior to Avery with the family on the #282 last year, would this be a similar route? Very curious the trail as I am not familiar with table camp.

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
Might be tight, as I'm getting off a plane Friday evening. I could always be the straggler! I went from Superior to Avery with the family on the #282 last year, would this be a similar route? Very curious the trail as I am not familiar with table camp.
Sorry, I meant the Fh-50 and NF-388

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
@Captain Chaos - is that Pilot station you speak of a Town Pump With a Lucky Lils? Ill probably camp around Hoodoo Pass to get there at 8, and would hate to be sitting at the wrong joint. When I Google Pilot travel center, the TP keeps popping up.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
@Captain Chaos - is that Pilot station you speak of a Town Pump With a Lucky Lils? Ill probably camp around Hoodoo Pass to get there at 8, and would hate to be sitting at the wrong joint. When I Google Pilot travel center, the TP keeps popping up.

Yeah, that's it

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Looks like a good trip, will have to see if we can make and sign up.
Hey Justin, I'll be going the backwoods route up the 250 rd from Pierce to Superior, find a spot to crash then meet the crew in Superior. After the group hits Avery, I'll pop on the IDBDR section back to the cabin, looks like enduros and atvs are pushing through now, should be clear in 2 weeks. You're more than welcome to caravan. The debris slide on Black Canyon isn't bad, an old Dodge hauling a double axle trailer made it over when I was there yesterday.

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

I'll be going the backwoods route up the 250 rd from Pierce to Superior, find a spot to crash then meet the crew in Superior. After the group hits Avery, I'll pop on the IDBDR section back to the cabin, looks like enduros and atvs are pushing through now, should be clear in 2 weeks. You're more than welcome to caravan. The debris slide on Black Canyon isn't bad, an old Dodge hauling a double axle trailer made it over when I was there yesterday.
Awesome, I'll be in touch and probably take you up on that if I can make the trip. Beautiful drive over Hoodoo. The fiancee is seeing if she has to work that weekend. What time Friday were you planning on leaving? I'll see if I can get off early.

geonerdist

Rank 0

Traveler I

It's looking like I'll be able to make it. This will be my first group trip and looking forward to it. I'll be coming from Bozeman and was wondering if there was a group of folks that would be interested in camping around Superior that Friday night...mostly because I don't feel like leaving here before 4am. I'm not really familiar with this part of the state yet.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
It's looking like I'll be able to make it. This will be my first group trip and looking forward to it. I'll be coming from Bozeman and was wondering if there was a group of folks that would be interested in camping around Superior that Friday night...mostly because I don't feel like leaving here before 4am. I'm not really familiar with this part of the state yet.

I believe @britz is going to camp there on Friday. Glad you can make it.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Yeah, I plan on camping around the Hoodoo Pass Friday night, then dropping down into civilization in the morning. I'm driving the route tomorrow for another run and will scope out a few areas; will report at the end of the weekend.

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve