• HTML tutorial

Cayenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Union City, CA 94587
Member #

Hello,

I was about to buy an Tepui tent, when one of my friend offered to sell his very lightly used Tepui Kukenam XL tent for $1300. Tent look like new and there are no issues with the tent, my friend is buying a James Braoud tent.

Is $1300 a fair price for a lightly used tent? and is Tepui Kukenam XL good tent?

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

Thats a very good price! I think new they will be close to $2k so I would definitely take him up on that deal.

Matt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Gatos
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Meadors
Member #

I love my Tepui. It's been a great investment.

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

Tepui has a good reputation as a roof top tent manufacturer. Most brand used the same manufacturer in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jade Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneola, FL
I don't know if you have an REI near you, but I was just in on yesterday, it's the first one built anywhere near me. They were telling me that as part of a promotion if you sign up as a new customer ($20) you get a dividend at the end of the year of 10% of what you spend, and 20% off your first purchase. They recently started carrying the Yakima brand tents, but have been selling Tepui tents for some time, although they haven't always put it out there. He said they will ship it to the store for free.

If I follow all of that right, you can get a Tepui tent shipped to the nearest store for free, get 20% off right away, and then 10% back at the end of the year, for a 30% off price for your tent. If I didn't already have mine, I would have bought one. I'd give your local REI a ring and see what they can do for you.

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I don't know if you have an REI near you, but I was just in on yesterday, it's the first one built anywhere near me. They were telling me that as part of a promotion if you sign up as a new customer ($20) you get a dividend at the end of the year of 10% of what you spend, and 20% off your first purchase. They recently started carrying the Yakima brand tents, but have been selling Tepui tents for some time, although they haven't always put it out there. He said they will ship it to the store for free.

If I follow all of that right, you can get a Tepui tent shipped to the nearest store for free, get 20% off right away, and then 10% back at the end of the year, for a 30% off price for your tent. If I didn't already have mine, I would have bought one. I'd give your local REI a ring and see what they can do for you.
While most of what you said is correct, you do not receive your 10% "dividend" on anything on sale or when you use a coupon. Right now REI is having their anniversary sales and I just picked up a new Tent for $100 off, but I won't get my dividend.

20% off a Tepui and Free Shipping to the nearest REI is a great deal - and they have an excellent return policy - satisfaction guaranteed within a year, after that, manufacturers defect.

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

that's a good deal the XL size is surely nice to be able to spread out a little while you are in there

Username Not Found

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oceanside, CA
Member #

I have the Autana XL, which has the same floor plan as the Kukenam XL. I love it. Sooo much room for me and the family. If you're wondering about size issues, you can see in my profile pic the size of the XL's on a Tacoma short bed.