Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA
First Name
Adan
Last Name
Viveros
Member #

I may be over there Sunday, If so I\'ll swing by. Sugarloaf is pretty quick, are you going to go out through Maverick Saddle and out Swift Brook? that\'s a good little day trip.
Hope we meet up! Not sure of the route, I am following @Chileno206. I added a waypoint for Maverick Saddle and noticed this is all pretty close to part of the WABDR, there is a lot to explore in that area! Will send you my cell number.
That's a great option, we could decide when we are all together. I have all day to explore!

Reactions: Ubiety

Ties

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Ties
Last Name
de Kok
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJT
I am in as well! I've PMed Greg my number and I'll be at Highway Auto Supply in Monroe @ 8:20am. I drive a blue LR3.

Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

I won’t be able to make this trip. If someone can map out what route you guys end up doing so that maybe I can do it later I would appreciate it.

• Sad
Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I won’t be able to make this trip. If someone can map out what route you guys end up doing so that maybe I can do it later I would appreciate it.
I usually record tracks and will send them your way later in the week (bug me).

I am meeting up in Sammamish with @parrotheadnw at 7:30am and we will head to Monroe to meet with @Ties and @Chileno206 at 8:20 am. Then on to Leavenworth to meet up at Safeway at 10:00 am.

Excited!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Chumstick mountain is better than Sugarloaf IMO, if you have time that is an awesome place.
And "Chumstick" is a far more entertaining word than "Sugarloaf" IMO. Not that a "Sugarloaf" would be a bad thing, its just that "Chumstick" is an amazing word! :)
Thanks for the tip! Hope we will see you today.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Had a GREAT time - thanks for putting the trip together! Pics/vids/GPS data coming later. Coffee must be first!

Remember this temperate spot? :)
936F9386-30C4-46DE-8095-8A7E1A6F03C2_1_105_c.jpeg84B05D18-77F2-4358-8CAF-A79EF67DCA2C_1_105_c.jpegEE39DD57-61DF-4C78-B88C-AB7112F18715_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: Ties and Chileno206

Chileno206

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Adan
Last Name
Viveros
Member #

What a day!

Attachments

Reactions: Ties and G.Goodwin

Chileno206

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Adan
Last Name
Viveros
Member #

If anyone is interested: there will be a Halloween camp out in cle elum from another group. Anyone is welcome to join. Here are the details...

Some things to look forward to at the Spooky Campout! Tyler Benedict and I have been working on planning a good time. Still a few weeks to go and we will be trying to add a few more things, but for now heres what we've got!

A business in Cle Elum has said they will graciously help by donating some kegs, we have decided we will be charging 25$ for cups that will allow the buyer all they can drink for the weekend! This will help secure funds for running better campout events in the future. Donations are also welcome but not expected. Everyone is adults and we expect people to be responsible! This is a family friendly event and all ages are welcome. We were thinking that Sunday we could roll through and stop at Mike's Tavern for lunch on our way out.

Everyone is encouraged to bring Halloween costumes and decor for around their camp. I already have my costume and decorations. ‍

We will be putting on a cornhole team competition saturday! Would be great if we could get some individuals who have boards to bring some out.

Saturday there will also be some offroading for those who are interested in that as well. Would be fun to do it as a costume fun wheeling run.

Also Mark Lennox will be putting on a knife and fire starting bush survival class during the campout for anyone who's interested, no cost.

If anyone has spare fire wood, we would appreciate it if you could bring it out to help feed a group fire.

There will be plenty of space for all, this area is plentiful with dispersed camping spots and its right next to the river, its a beautiful area. A few of us will be going up a few days prior to the event to secure the space. People are welcome to show up as early as they'd like, there is no expectations for anyone to show up or leave at any particular time.

Attachments

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

If anyone is interested: there will be a Halloween camp out in cle elum from another group. Anyone is welcome to join. Here are the details...

Some things to look forward to at the Spooky Campout! Tyler Benedict and I have been working on planning a good time. Still a few weeks to go and we will be trying to add a few more things, but for now heres what we've got!

A business in Cle Elum has said they will graciously help by donating some kegs, we have decided we will be charging 25$ for cups that will allow the buyer all they can drink for the weekend! This will help secure funds for running better campout events in the future. Donations are also welcome but not expected. Everyone is adults and we expect people to be responsible! This is a family friendly event and all ages are welcome. We were thinking that Sunday we could roll through and stop at Mike's Tavern for lunch on our way out.

Everyone is encouraged to bring Halloween costumes and decor for around their camp. I already have my costume and decorations. ‍

We will be putting on a cornhole team competition saturday! Would be great if we could get some individuals who have boards to bring some out.

Saturday there will also be some offroading for those who are interested in that as well. Would be fun to do it as a costume fun wheeling run.

Also Mark Lennox will be putting on a knife and fire starting bush survival class during the campout for anyone who's interested, no cost.

If anyone has spare fire wood, we would appreciate it if you could bring it out to help feed a group fire.

There will be plenty of space for all, this area is plentiful with dispersed camping spots and its right next to the river, its a beautiful area. A few of us will be going up a few days prior to the event to secure the space. People are welcome to show up as early as they'd like, there is no expectations for anyone to show up or leave at any particular time.
Sounds like a great time

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I'm very interested in this since I didn't make the trail run yesterday.
Is there some planned group trail runs or are people on there own to put things together?
Also is there somewhere else with more info posted?

Chileno206

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Adan
Last Name
Viveros
Member #

I'm very interested in this since I didn't make the trail run yesterday.
Is there some planned group trail runs or are people on there own to put things together?
Also is there somewhere else with more info posted?
This should be fun and is planned by another group I'm in but anyone is welcome. They have group trail runs as well. Do you have facebook? I can send you the Facebook event.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

This should be fun and is planned by another group I'm in but anyone is welcome. They have group trail runs as well. Do you have facebook? I can send you the Facebook event.
No, I don't have facebook. I was just curious what trails were planned and the level of difficulty. And if there was a timeline of things, if there was one.

Chileno206

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Adan
Last Name
Viveros
Member #

No, I don't have facebook. I was just curious what trails were planned and the level of difficulty. And if there was a timeline of things, if there was one.

Not sure about what trails but all type of overland/offroad rigs are welcome. No timeline posted on the group. Is a meet a greet for a facebook group page and theh will be doing different things throughout the weekend.