Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I recently had several apps come up for renewal. Many, if not most in fact, send a "Pre-Renewal" notice email that the time is coming just prior to hitting you for the funds. This seems like an appropriate way to handle subscription based renewals as it gives the customer the choice of whether or not they want to renew.

I'm curious as to why I did not get this from OB. I was a bit taken-a-back to only get an email stating that I had been charged for the renewal. Did I miss something? And, just exploring here, I can't find any way to change or control my subscription which is also curious.

I'm not necessarily stating that I would not have renewed, just stating how the process seems flawed at a minimum. Correct me if I am wrong on any of the above.

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Hi @zgfiredude - Thanks for the heads up! I double checked and our renewal notification email is working. It is currently set to auto-send 3 days before the renewal takes place, but based on your feedback it sounds like 7 days will give people more time to decide.

And you're right, people should always be alerted before a renewal. I'll check again to see if there were any hiccups in the system recently.

Thanks again for letting us know.

Membership Renew Alert.JPG

Reactions: El-Dracho