Helena, MT
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Leak
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Good question. How: I think there's a loop at one end, so just pull the end through a hole and through the loop. Where: One of the corners. If and when: When I need to use them, if it's boggy or messy enough I may lose sight of them. I don't want the leashes flapping in the wind on top of the car going down the road. Just my opinions.

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

similar to above - and not a stupid question at all - i use some tubular webbing, cut to about 15' feet in length and use a carabiner to clip to them the mounting peg hole (on each corner of the maxtrax). I only use them if boggy or i have a chance of really burying them. I have the long length to put out to the side or actually clip to the rear recovery point on my vehicle to pull them out / along if i am not able to safely stop for a ways.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

northern nomad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Will
Last Name
Kearney
Member #

Good question. How: I think there's a loop at one end, so just pull the end through a hole and through the loop. Where: One of the corners. If and when: When I need to use them, if it's boggy or messy enough I may lose sight of them. I don't want the leashes flapping in the wind on top of the car going down the road. Just my opinions.
Thanks for the help.

northern nomad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Will
Last Name
Kearney
Member #

similar to above - and not a stupid question at all - i use some tubular webbing, cut to about 15' feet in length and use a carabiner to clip to them the mounting peg hole (on each corner of the maxtrax). I only use them if boggy or i have a chance of really burying them. I have the long length to put out to the side or actually clip to the rear recovery point on my vehicle to pull them out / along if i am not able to safely stop for a ways.
Thanks for the feedback.

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Well that, and maybe asking a woman "when are you due?" unless she has already mentioned that she is pregnant!

Reactions: RedRob

RedRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Sonora, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
I leave my webbing on, just tied to a hole. I’m just pretty sure that when I need the boards I’m going to be so frustrated that I won’t dig them out and attach them.