Majorbacon8r

Rank 0

Traveler I

MN
First Name
Hunter
Last Name
Bacon
Saw a couple threads from a few months ago about personal, TRUE, strange encounters by overlanders. Thought I’d refresh a new thread so more stories can be heard!

Post your stories of strange encounters of any sort during your camping trips.

Reactions: SubeeBen

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Must have been a newbie:)
I have a habit of summoning the greenhorns. In reality the area does have alot of druggies and he was just doing his job but i had a few words with him on how he acted and let him know that im armed an to never sneak up on someone pointing a gun at them because not everyone can see well at night and may not notice or care about that bage.

Reactions: Correus

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I have a habit of summoning the greenhorns. In reality the area does have alot of druggies and he was just doing his job but i had a few words with him on how he acted and let him know that im armed an to never sneak up on someone pointing a gun at them because not everyone can see well at night and may not notice or care about that bage.
Was he a newbie?

I've noticed, at least in our area, seem to be getting a bit more "overzealous" with something to prove.

Reactions: Arailt

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Not overlanding strange, but it is auto related.

Way back when I was first sowing my wild oats the girlfriend (now wife) and I found a nice, secluded spot to go parking. It was behind the barn of an abandoned farmstead. It was a beautiful spring day, we were graduating high school in less than a month and we had gotten out of school early that day. Basically, it wasn't a "dark and stormy night".

So there we were, getting comfortable, and the submarine races were about to begin...then it happened...

Have you ever had one of those moments when you couldn't shake that feeling that you were being watched?

I started having that feeling and so was SWMBO. It wasn't going away either, it was getting worse. It was getting so bad the hairs on the back of my neck were standing and goosebumps were going strong on my arms. SWMBO was starting to have starting to tear up and having difficulty breathing. We were looking at each other as if it were to be the last time we'd ever see each other again.

I looked at her and "we need to get out of hear". She started crying and slapping the dash saying "go go go". We tore out of there as fast as we could!

The closest way to describe it was that we both felt as if Freddy, Jason and Papa Jupiter (with family) were all together sizing us up.

The first time we watched the movie "The Hills Have Eyes" we were barely into the part where the family's car goes of the road, looked at each other, and turned it off.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

@Correus Dang, that's creepy! Glad you heeded your spidey sense tingling. It's wise to pay attention to our "sixth sense" as it were. Our brains are often aware of things our conscious minds are not.

Reactions: Correus