UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
I've tried a few and still own most of them, from single burners gas and petrol to dual burners of the same variety.
I can see the benefits of the Coleman dual fuel stoves and I own one but its never gone a trip with us as we were able to source replacement gas canisters in most countries especially camping gaz in Europe.
I've just replaced my Cadac Pro 2 with a Primus Tupike. The reason was because I couldn't get a low enough flame on the cadac to simmer when cooking which was infuriating at times. The Primus had its maiden outing last weekend at the AO show and I found it excellent for fast boiling and controllable for simmering (a must when cooking rice or pasta and the like)
Sure it's not a cheap option but it's a quality build and with them additional adapter I can use a camping gaz 901 cylinder too.
I really must downsize my collection!

OverlandFaction

Rank VIII
Investor

Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

I use the Ridge Monkey stoves.. They are the only ones with a big enough footprint to be stable with big pans and fully portable.

The two units have a quick connect, so I brought both sizes and split them so I have a set with little and large.

I then use a jetboil to heat water.
That is probably my biggest issue with most stoves too. Especially when we cook for 5 people.
That's easy to work round with the Ridge Monkey one, the Pro or non mini is 180mm square when setup.. this makes it very stable.

Reactions: Polaris Overland