• HTML tutorial

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

hello OB members,

I'm looking for a new 2-burner stove. And unfortunately I like the ones that are only available abroad, in north america or australia.. from my research it will either be a coleman fyrechampion, or stansport 2-burner stove.

task is now: how to change fittings to use the (non-refillable) european valve cartridges (EN417)

what I already found on the web is an adapter to use the EN417 threaded valve cartridges on the US/CA regulator that the stove will be shipped with. but: with the non-refillable cartridges it is recommended to place them perpendicular, not at an angle like the regulator does.

one solution would be a flexible hose with the same type of regulator, like this one:

another solution could be an adapter to be used on sides of the stove, to use other regular (euro) threaded fittings to fit to an euro regulator.

what are the specs of the fitting/thread at the stove, 5/8" right (clockwise) inner thread?

thanks
christian

Last edited:

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

Partner Steel, these guys make the best multi burner camp stove in the industry, they are high altitude so the refillable bottles are useless they need the smaller of the tanks at a minimum, you can order any configuration you desire, single, dual, triple burner, top, no top, wind screen, no screen, Partner Steel, Pocatello Idaho,

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

yeah, will get one of these in the future. still figuring out how to get it shipped to germany as bargain as possible. cause: naturally those types of goods will not be shipped from e.g. amazon or other retailers 'cross the pond, due to other regulations here for fossile fuel powered devices. what bullshit, I know.

Gesendet von iPhone mit OB Talk

Reactions: Mitch Pedersen

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

Partner Steel, these guys make the best multi burner camp stove in the industry, they are high altitude so the refillable bottles are useless they need the smaller of the tanks at a minimum, you can order any configuration you desire, single, dual, triple burner, top, no top, wind screen, no screen, Partner Steel, Pocatello Idaho,

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
ok, maybe I found a retailer that would ship to germany. but first of all I need to know the operating pressure of the stove to make sure I can get a regulator for EN417 cartridges. I assume it is above 30/50mbar .. ?

Reactions: Rubiconcruiser

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

ok, maybe I found a retailer that would ship to germany. but first of all I need to know the operating pressure of the stove to make sure I can get a regulator for EN417 cartridges. I assume it is above 30/50mbar .. ?
I will check for you and post up, I can buy it and ship it for you once you determine if it's compatible,. Partner Steel tele# 1-208-233-2371. 1-208-478-8177. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

that fckn awesome mate, greatly appreciated!!

we could do over paypal, so everyone's safe.

looking forward to your update!!

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

been in contact with bill from partnersteel. 27psi or 1.86bar which is way more than we use over here, but doesn't matter as it comes with hose and regulator. only need an adapter then from POL to EN417.

will get back to you later this year, first a couple of other equipment to buy, and trips to do ..

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

been in contact with bill from partnersteel. 27psi or 1.86bar which is way more than we use over here, but doesn't matter as it comes with hose and regulator. only need an adapter then from POL to EN417.

will get back to you later this year, first a couple of other equipment to buy, and trips to do ..

Remember now this is a high altitude stove if you get above 6000 ft, it will continue to function perfectly whereas a Coleman or equivalent will be spotty or not work with canister no matter, I've been to above 10 K ft in the Rocky Mountains with no issues,

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk