Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
I am looking for ideas for storage bags for the ARB tire repair kit. I bought the kit a while ago and have used it a couple of times. It is great and does the job but the box it comes in is big and bulky considering the stuff that its in it. Does anyone have pictures and names of bags that make storing this gear more compact and efficient? I appreciate your input. This is a picture of the current storage box for anyone who is not familiar with it.

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

@Sarge368
Do you have an air compressor? I do not, but when I get one this bag is going to be on my list following that. I think it keeps tools alike together for easy management:

I have a ton of BROG products and I can happily say that they’re some of the highest quality bags I’ve come across.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Reactions: Sarge368

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
I've been looking for a different case for my ARB repair kit as well. I think Smittybuilt has the right idea. Perhaps an old school CD storage cases would fit the bill. Some of the ARB tools are redundant (to my regular tools) and can be left out of this bag.

Image result for arb tyre repair kit bag

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
I put the plugs and other small parts in a plastic box to keep them organized, and then put that and the reamer and plug tool into a larger plastic box that fits under my drivers seat. It's in the top left of this photo.

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
I've been looking for a different case for my ARB repair kit as well. I think Smittybuilt has the right idea. Perhaps an old school CD storage cases would fit the bill. Some of the ARB tools are redundant (to my regular tools) and can be left out of this bag.

Image result for arb tyre repair kit bag
I like the general layout and size of this bag. I have to say I am a sucker for specialized/compartmentalized bags.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Great idea. This gives me an idea to re-purpose some bags I have. I have never cared for the big plastic box.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

The original ARB tire kit is smaller than the “Speedy Seal 2”. I use the old case, and keep the new one in my truck. Then if I use the tire seal kit, I replace items used. Not sure the need for a stuff sack? I also, keep my tire repair kit with my air compressor assessories, all in one easy to find kit, in my Cherokee. Vance.

Ozzie H

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Anyone know where I can get a replacement insert/reamer tip for the ARB tire repair kit ?

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
So I found an option that seems to fill my need. I got this bag for $10 at Target. I was able to fit everything from the big orange box into the bag which saves a lot of space. Everything would fit a little better if the container for the lubricant were not 1/3 bigger than it's contents! Oh well, nothing is perfect but this does make my storage easier.

Attachments

Reactions: Truckee

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
I use this one from blue ridge overland gear. Holds the ARB kit, air hose, EZ deflator, quick inflator, and staun deflators.

View attachment 99073
That is really nice. Good idea having inflation/deflation/repair all in one kit. I like the Blue Ridge Overland bags. I don't have one myself (yet) but got one of the tool bags for my son. Thanks for the idea.

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
Inflation/deflation/repair all in one is certainly organized. But I see it this way.... I am guaranteed to inflate and deflate, every time. I'm hoping NOT need my tire repair kit... so why pull it out every time. Perhaps I should store it with my first aid kit! :wink: