Rank III

Enthusiast II

Mount Gilead, NC, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
McKay
Member #

2012 Tacoma - Carvana purchase (that in itself is another can of worms) sometime after my 10 day grace period to return the vehicle with no questions asked, I was installing the new license plate, when I noticed this...I know - buyer beware, but I was in a pinch after my 2005 tacoma blew a head gasket @ >524,000 miles (not complaining I love my old truck, which is why I bought another 2nd Gen Tacoma)

Carvana was zero help, their third party warranty company SilverRock claims that "rust was a cosmetic issue" and wouldn't cover the replacement cost of the spare steel rim.
Long story short, I'm upgrading. New OEM alloy wheel has been ordered, the 4 road tires still have approximately 30,000 miles left on them, so if I decide to jump to a 33" or 35" tire and all new rims, which requires a body mount chop and other mods, I'll do that if and when needed.
I have decided on a new rear bumper and spare tire carrier by Fab Fours. It has gotten good reviews from the local 4 wheel drive shop. I never liked the idea of a spare tire underneath a 4WD vehicle...

The build begins...
Pictures to follow.

Attachments