Bend, OR, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fitz
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
I have a 2016 Renegade Trailhawk. What should I do first to add more to it? Roof basket? Lift it? Can I have a roof top tent with other items on top? Does that tent make it top heavy and prone to rolling?
I would like to start going out further with it as most I've done is on fire roads. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Very excited to start this adventure.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Just get out, take another vehicle for recovery help with you and you will see what you need to modify , to do what you want.

Reactions: hoch

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
What does it have now?

If it is rolling on street tires you might be best off getting a set of trail tires (not necessarily any larger, just more capable of handling dirt, rocks and mud).

What sort of use is it going to see? If it is your daily driver then one set of rules applies. If it is to be a dedicated expedition rig then another set of rules can come into play.

How many people (and pets?) does it need to seat? If just you then I wouldn't worry about putting things up on the roof, you should have plenty of room inside. OTOH, if you are trying to fit your family of 5 and two Great Danes, well, you are going to need that roof basket. Probably mounted on top of your hardshell RTT with annex. And maybe a trailer too.

Hard to give advice without knowing what you are trying to accomplish.

Neonsnow78

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Somerset, MA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Snow
Member #

Also a search in Instagram of overland Renegade or something like that will pop up a TON of options. ive looked more and more at these for a Daily/weekend fun rig. Currently have the 4runner but with its age and rust i dont trust it enough to take far