Steve & Deb Drive To Florida (February 2016)

• HTML tutorial

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

We spent several hours driving the forest trails through the Ocala National Forest today. Got the Outback good and dirty!

Finally, a photo with the ARB 2500 awning deployed. Yes, I know the shade has shifted out from underneath. Works like a charm.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Some more catching up.

This is our lunch while on Islamorada in the Florida Keys. I think we're gonna need a doggie bag!

Our obligatory Southernmost Point in the continental USA photo.

@NorthStar96 And contrary to what I'd said earlier, we obviously ended up going south. Stayed in Florida City, then a long day trip to Key West and back. Lots of good eats and drinks, and somehow, we ended up with a huge rope swing thing for our backyard. ::puzzled::

Bob

Rank III

Advocate II

We were in south Florida a couple years ago in January. And we went to Everglades National Park. What I really like , is you can take a ranger guided canoe trip through part of the park, for 2 or 3 hours, the park provides the canoe and paddles and pfd's. And the best part is they don't charge any extra, just the park admission fee.
We enjoyed it so much that we rented a canoe and floated down the Hillsborough river near Tampa. We lost count of the number of alligators we saw on that part of the river.
As you can tell I love paddling. And an airboat ride is also lot's of fun.
I do agree I won't go within miles of Disney World or anything like it. Too many people.
Anyway have a good trip and post more pictures.

Reactions: NorthStar96

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Looks like you're having a great time. The Keys are definitely a place I'd like to visit one of these days.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I wish I hadn't cheaped out, and stayed out near the end of the Keys instead of driving back to Florida City (south edge of Homestead) last night. We spent time walking around town and down Duval Street and ate and drank a bit. I would have liked to stay longer and taken more time exploring.

38 years ago I wrote the same sentiment on the same beach on Key West, Florida. 38 years later I still love you every bit as much.

Biscayne National Park, within sight of Miami.

Yep, we're in the Everglades National Park. We saw several alligator on our trail walks.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I had a friend that had a pet croc when I was younger, his wasn't even close in size to that one haha

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Catching up, copying earliest posts from Instagram first:

World of Coke, in downtown Atlanta, Georgia

The signs for miles around say "See Rock City" but today it is closed over and drizzling, so we'll go in another trip. We did visit the Chickamauga National Military Park, though.

Point Park, Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park

I love traveling and finding little family run eateries along the way!

Window shopping at the National Corvette Museum, Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Mile 3428: Back home in Ohio after 23 days on the road. Not so much an off the beaten path trip as a get away from the cold north trip. We visited family, ate well, went places we've never been before, saw a rocket launch, manatees, alligators and much more. Plus it was a lot warmer than being in Ohio! At least there was no snow waiting for us. That comes later this week ::groan:: Thanks again to Mark and Sandra for the invite and for putting up with us.